We stayed at Portofino for our anniversary, and it was one of the most amazing, romantic, beautiful experiences in Belize! We have been visiting Belize for 4 years, and we moved to San Pedro, Belize 6 months ago. We live in town, so we for our anniversary we wanted to go somewhere secluded. Portofino was PERFECT! From the time we were picked up by Moh, the boat captain, our mini "stay-cation" was nothing short of outstanding! Moh was all smiles, welcoming us to Portofino. Upon arrival, we were met at the dock by more smiling staff. Check in was quick and easy, and Yolanda brought us to our beach cabana. The room was clean, comfortable, and lovely. The thatched roof, conch shells, and hardwood floors were beautiful and lent that island feel to this luxurious resort. We then had a light lunch by pool. The hummus was incredible! We sipped wine and chatted with some other guests., then took a dip in the pool. The large, warm water pool was perfect! We had the option to take kayaks our for a ride, snorkel the amazing reef, or even get PADI certified right there at the resort.... BUT....The best part of our stay, however, was dinner!
Being our anniversary, we reserved beach dining on the pier. It was amazing! The owners, Sandra and Jan, shared a glass of wine with us, and toasted us, then the staff lead us down the dock. The pier was lined with lights and conch shells filled with flowers. A table for two was set at the end of the pier where a waiter was waiting for us. We were waited on hand and foot by Tristian, who went far over and above the call of duty. He was kind, considerate, and attentive. The food was delicious, but the service and atmosphere were even better! It was so romantic- dinner by starlight over the ocean... It was perfect.
All in all, our stay at Portofino was truly a memorable experience. We will be back, for sure! And we highly recommend this resort to anyone! We can't thank Sandra and Jan enough for creating such a special experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Characterized by its warm and friendly hospitality, Portofino is the epitome of barefoot luxury, unpretentious and relaxing… for most; it will be an experience of a lifetime. Our small, boutique resort offers just 17 beautifully appointed rooms, ranging from charming beach cabanas to spacious suites, dotted amidst swaying palm trees, in a private setting with unmatched personal attention and the modern comforts of home. It is a haven of tranquility, where guests will enjoy the subtle sounds of the nearby waves lapping over the reef, gentle breeze, breathtaking sunrise, star studded night sky and spectacular views of the crystal waters of the Caribbean Sea. The perfect setting for a romantic getaway, intimate wedding, honeymoon, family and friends.Portofino offers leisure options to suit every taste. Relax in our fresh water outdoor swimming pool; enjoy a great book from our book collection or simply indulge yourself in a massage on the beach under our hand thatched palapa hut. Explore the underwater world with snorkel equipment or skim along the surface in our complimentary sea kayaks. Delicious meals prepared by our resort chef can be served in the privacy or your beach cabana or suite, on our private dock with a romantic setting or at the Portofino Restaurant. Sip on amazing tropical cocktails at the Green Parrot Beach Bar or perhaps a late afternoon snack from the Green Parrot Bistro. Take advantage of our DVD library and unwind in front of the flat TV screen in your room. Or, simply take in the view. In short, relax and enjoy! Reception in the main building is manned by professional and knowledgeable staff. From, activities bookings and directions to itineraries and dining reservations, our friendly and professional staff is eager to assist you. Access to PORTOFINO is by boat only, and therefore we offer a complimentary meet and greet service at San Pedro Airstrip and boat transfer to the resort, an approximately 20 minutes ride. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Portofino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portofino Hotel San Pedro
- Portofino San Pedro
- Portofino Belize/San Pedro