Just returned from a 5 night stay at Portofino. The resort is absolutely beautiful. We stayed in the VIP suite "Seahorse" and it was gorgeous, with stunning hard wood floors and thatched high ceilings. It was very humid during our stay so the AC worked a bit less then perfectly. The resort sprays for insects daily so there were very few bugs on the property.
The staff is uniformly excellent and very welcoming. Lunches and breakfasts were very nice with the french toast and lobster quesadilla being standouts. Dinner, though very good, was pricy and a bit formal for the atmosphere. It would be nice if lighter options and more local fare were available.
The beach is pretty much non-existent but the grounds are equipped with very comfy loungers, great palm tree framed views of the crystal clear seas, a cool circular pool, and a short walk down the dock brings you to beautiful clear water teaming with wildlife! The property is incredibly well kept, and is home to lots of cute hermit crabs to play with and birds to watch.
The family who owns the resort live on site, though they didn't seem to interact with guests at all (which we found a bit odd, to be honest).
All in all, an absolutely lovely resort, with a great staff, good food, and very nice rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Characterized by its warm and friendly hospitality, Portofino is the epitome of barefoot luxury, unpretentious and relaxing… for most; it will be an experience of a lifetime. Our small, boutique resort offers just 17 beautifully appointed rooms, ranging from charming beach cabanas to spacious suites, dotted amidst swaying palm trees, in a private setting with unmatched personal attention and the modern comforts of home. It is a haven of tranquility, where guests will enjoy the subtle sounds of the nearby waves lapping over the reef, gentle breeze, breathtaking sunrise, star studded night sky and spectacular views of the crystal waters of the Caribbean Sea. The perfect setting for a romantic getaway, intimate wedding, honeymoon, family and friends.Portofino offers leisure options to suit every taste. Relax in our fresh water outdoor swimming pool; enjoy a great book from our book collection or simply indulge yourself in a massage on the beach under our hand thatched palapa hut. Explore the underwater world with snorkel equipment or skim along the surface in our complimentary sea kayaks. Delicious meals prepared by our resort chef can be served in the privacy or your beach cabana or suite, on our private dock with a romantic setting or at the Portofino Restaurant. Sip on amazing tropical cocktails at the Green Parrot Beach Bar or perhaps a late afternoon snack from the Green Parrot Bistro. Take advantage of our DVD library and unwind in front of the flat TV screen in your room. Or, simply take in the view. In short, relax and enjoy! Reception in the main building is manned by professional and knowledgeable staff. From, activities bookings and directions to itineraries and dining reservations, our friendly and professional staff is eager to assist you. Access to PORTOFINO is by boat only, and therefore we offer a complimentary meet and greet service at San Pedro Airstrip and boat transfer to the resort, an approximately 20 minutes ride. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Portofino Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portofino Hotel San Pedro
- Portofino San Pedro
- Portofino Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro