We stayed during Thanksgiving weekend. The resort is warm and inviting. The room (Toucan Room) was large and very comfortable. There is free wi-fi and the TV has all U.S. stations. The broadcast stations were from New York City. The restaurant is excellent but be sure to tell the waiter if you want your food spicy or not. The free continental breakfast is ample but you can order off the menu as well. The hotel staff is excellent. When we came back from an excursion, the staff greeted us at the dock. You fly into Belize City. Then you take a puddle jumper, Tropic Air to San Pedro. The resort staff pick you up in a taxi which takes you to the dock at Fido's restaurant. The boat takes you to the resort. The water is beautiful and warm. You can take the scheduled boat to San Pedro for free, or take the water taxi which the staff will call and have them pick you up at the Portofino dock. You can snorkel or arrange to go to the rain forest to the Mayan temple or zip line. This is a great place for families and couples.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Characterized by its warm and friendly hospitality, Portofino is the epitome of barefoot luxury, unpretentious and relaxing… for most; it will be an experience of a lifetime. Our small, boutique resort offers just 17 beautifully appointed rooms, ranging from charming beach cabanas to spacious suites, dotted amidst swaying palm trees, in a private setting with unmatched personal attention and the modern comforts of home. It is a haven of tranquility, where guests will enjoy the subtle sounds of the nearby waves lapping over the reef, gentle breeze, breathtaking sunrise, star studded night sky and spectacular views of the crystal waters of the Caribbean Sea. The perfect setting for a romantic getaway, intimate wedding, honeymoon, family and friends.Portofino offers leisure options to suit every taste. Relax in our fresh water outdoor swimming pool; enjoy a great book from our book collection or simply indulge yourself in a massage on the beach under our hand thatched palapa hut. Explore the underwater world with snorkel equipment or skim along the surface in our complimentary sea kayaks. Delicious meals prepared by our resort chef can be served in the privacy or your beach cabana or suite, on our private dock with a romantic setting or at the Portofino Restaurant. Sip on amazing tropical cocktails at the Green Parrot Beach Bar or perhaps a late afternoon snack from the Green Parrot Bistro. Take advantage of our DVD library and unwind in front of the flat TV screen in your room. Or, simply take in the view. In short, relax and enjoy! Reception in the main building is manned by professional and knowledgeable staff. From, activities bookings and directions to itineraries and dining reservations, our friendly and professional staff is eager to assist you. Access to PORTOFINO is by boat only, and therefore we offer a complimentary meet and greet service at San Pedro Airstrip and boat transfer to the resort, an approximately 20 minutes ride. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Otel so you can book your Portofino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portofino Hotel San Pedro
- Portofino San Pedro
- Portofino Belize/San Pedro