“Dump!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Coral Beach Hotel

Coral Beach Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Coral Beach Hotel
You added Coral Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Barrier Reef Drive | PO Box 16, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize   |
Ranked #51 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
Toronto, Canada
“Dump!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

Felt unsave in my room. Anyone had access to the room from the street. Bathroom was aweful We had a family of cockroaches . No towels were provided. Only good thing was they had good a/c... Would not recommend you can get way better place for an extra $10

• Stayed May 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Sonora, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

not a picky person but....bed was hard as a rock, no warm water, so noisy with the club around the corner, bright street lights in the windows and other folks staying so noisy. The staff was nice and helpful though. If one wanted to say everything then there was no control for the air conditioner so it was on or off. (On frozen, Off sweating), pillows were so old the stuffing in balls. It served it's purpose but wouldn't suggest for someone that is not gonna go out and get hammered so they can sleep:)

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2009

i will definitely stay there again-clean comfy rooms.center of town.a little noisy sometimes but tolerable(just noise from the street)i was in one of the front rooms,and will request one farther away from the street next time.vashti was great-the service was super.my tv remote did not work and i needed my ac turned on.within 30 minutes i had a new tv and cool air!will definitely stay here again!oh wait the ONLY bad thing-lumpy pillows-they need new pillows!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
Honduras
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2008

This hotel advertises a/c, TV, hot showers. The first room the gave me had no working TV, they moved me to another room that needed a new lock, They spent 9 hours trying to put a new lock on the door and could not do it. This is a 15 minuet job where I come from. The a/c also did not work, After all this time they then moved me into a 3rd room. I came back after 1 hour only to find out the a/c unit in that room also did not work but I was to tired so I just slept in the hot room. Got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. Cock roaches all over the place. In the morning i wanted to take a shower only to find out no hot water. In fact no water came out of the hot water valve at all. Had a cold water shave in the morning. Still all hot and stinky from no shower. Went to check out in the morning and told them I was not happy with the place and they did not seem to care at all. All I can say is I would never stay in that dump again. Nothing works....CockRoaches

Stayed May 2008
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2008

I didn't have reservations and stayed at Coral Beach for two nights. Hotel is bit run down but new management is trying to work to fix things up and are very accomodating---will change your room if problems. Evan and Alisha very friendly and will help with diving, dining and spa recommendations. Food at JamBel on ground floor excellent.

• Liked — Evan and Alisha---hospitality
  • Disliked — Air condidtion didn't work well...run down
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2007

We stayed at Coral Beach Hotel and it was quite nice, the people were pleasant and the food on the ground floor reastaurant , jambel Jerk Pit , was excellent. Their price is good too.

Stayed August 2007
England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2007

My friend and I were travelling on our GAP year and didn't actually spend the night at this hotel we were so horrified when we saw it. We had foolishly booked it and prepaid in advance; when we arrived we were shown to our room by 'Fitz' the manager, who was quite clearly drunk. He showed us to our room and it smelled terrible, musty and dirty. The furniture was very old and mismatching and there was NO RUNNING WATER. We went downstairs to complain that the toilet would not flush and the taps weren't working; he assured us that someone was coming to fix it and it would be fine within half an hour. There was no remote control for the tv and the hotel didn't feel secure at all, even during the day time (we arrived in mid afternoon). My friend and I decided we would definitely try and find somewhere else to stay. As we had predicted, when we returned the water still wasn't working, but when we tried to speak to the manager about why we were leaving and trying to negotiate our deposit which we had pre-paid for three nights, we had no idea what we had let ourselves in for...a rude, agressive, alcoholic manager who was totally unreasonable and would not take me or my female friend seriously. He told us that when you book on the hotel website you are actually booking through an agency in Canada (which is not stated anywhere on the website) and so he couldn't refund our money. He also refused to call the agency because of his phonebill. Eventually, and with no refund, we left and found the Sunbreeze hotel down the road, which was more expensive but 100 times nicer, and we enjoyed our stay there. Our brief experience with the Coral Breeze Hotel was incredibly unpleasant and strongly tainted the rest of our stay in San Pedro.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Coral Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!