“Very nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Sand Piper Street - Beachfront, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #2 of 13 San Pedro B&B and Inns
Traverse City, Michigan
“Very nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

The Blue Tang is a very nice place on the north end of all the action. We had already been staying in a condo up north for a week and were only at The Blue Tang for 2 nights and wish we would have been able to stay there longer.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Missouri City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

We spent 12 great night st the Bleu Tang Inn and enjoyed each and every one. Close enough to town yet away from the noise and crowds. We were also just down the beach from the dive shop we were diving with. We plan to return to Ambergris Caye and will stay at Bleu Tang again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Goshen, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

Great place to stay. Very comfortable. Reasonable rate and very helpful with arrangements. This is the second time I have stayed here and have no desire to stay anywhere else. Went scuba diving with Chuck and Robbie's about a block away. Small operation so very personal and small numbers of divers so not crowded. This week was the best diving we have experienced in 24 years. Definitely would resommend to anyone wanting to dive Belize and stay at a great place on Ambergris Caye.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Jamaica, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

My fiance and I just got back from a wonderful trip in Belize (Ambergris Caye) and it all started at the Blue Tang even before we got to the island.

One of my fiancé's life long dreams was to take an adventurous trip to Belize and being the cautious and skeptical New Yorker that I am, tried to fight her every step of the way. See, I didn't know ANYTHING about Belize and neither did she. So this adventurous trip could have been a disaster. But she found Blue Tang Inn and was convinced that it was the place for us. Again being very wary about going to country I knew nothing about, I was seriously doubtful. I wanted safety, all inclusive, and SECURITY. So she sent me the link and it looked FANTASTIC but did it have what I was looking for. I was willing to give it a shot and step out of my "American Bubble" (little did I know the owners of Blue Tang are from Minnesota".

From the first email my fiance sent, I knew this place had a very special touch. All of our questions about room availability, how to get to Ambergris Caye, were answered within 24 hours. Kristen, an associate from the hotel, even called my fiance to answer any additional questions we had about our vacation. I mean do people really do that anymore? Well they do at Blue Tang Inn and that's what sold me. So we booked.

Now I dare you to find water bluer than you'll find in Belize and when we walked from the water taxi to the Blue Tang Inn, I knew we was in for a fantastic time.

The hotel is a three story white building right in front of the beach with suite styled rooms, equipped with kitchens. The kitchen was such a helpful factor because sometimes spending money for lunch and dinner can be a bit pricey. Blue Tang is located less than a block away from two supermarkets. Great for grabbing something cheap for lunch!

The rooms are decked out with wood lined ceilings and floors adding to the very tropical decor. Everything in the room is modern. For those looking to get away from time, news and the world than Blue Tang is just for you because there are no TVs or phones and it got better for us.

After our first night, Alan (one of the friendliest people on the planet) told us that we got a complimentary upgrade to the honeymoon suite and all I have to say is SWEET! That room is so amazing being on the third floor literally just feet from the steps to the sun deck where the view is THE BEST on the Island. Loads of sunset pics from up there.

The service was 5 STAR! Alan and Fanny were so helpful and were great stewards for all the people of Belize. They literally took anything that I thought would be hard and dreadful, and made it easy and delightful. Need reservations for a dinner during Easter weekend, DONE. A trip snorkeling and cave tubing, heres a voucher and some snorkeling equipment (on site in the office). They just made everything great and AMAZING.

The cleaning staff is second to none. Some of the hardest working people I've ever met. Someone was always sweeping to keep the sand from sneaking into your room, the pool is pristine and they're always smiling welcoming you with a "good morning" or "hello".

Also, the continental breakfast is a great meal to start the day. Fresh island fruit awaits you with either pancakes, waffles or local Belize cuisine (meat pies or fried jacks - super tasty).

So I leave you with this, if you're looking to go to Belize and are looking for that security with a personal touch, come to Blue Tang Inn. You WILL NOT be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
BzeMermaid, Owner at Blue Tang Inn, responded to this review, April 29, 2011
Thank you for your compliments of Blue Tang Inn and our staff!! We are reading your review to our entire staff, so they can feel the benefits of the hard work they do for all of our guests and the Inn.
We are so glad that you had such a positive experience on your honeymoon from your first contact with our reservations staff to your stay.
We look forward to your return soon!
Thanks again for the great feedback.
Appreciatively,
Blue Tang Inn Staff
Kristin, Fanny, Allan and team!
West Lafayette, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

My team and myself greatly enjoyed our stay at the Blue Tang Inn. The staff is very hospitable and personable. I can't think of anything I would change or didn't like about Blue Tang. I am actually planning on bringing another team in 2012 and would like to stay at the Blue Tang again, since we were so pleased.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

Thank you to Allan & Fanny for their wonderful customer service - friendly, fun & helpful. The kitchen was well stocked - the first place ever, where we had sharp knives! A good blender churned out wonderful smoothies and rum drinks. Beautiful use of wood for the cupboards and ceiling. We enjoyed the rooftop deck, balconies and pool side breakfasts. The Blue Tang had been recommended by our adventure tour company Island Expeditions based in BC. We highly recommend this piece of paradise in San Pedro.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

We loved our stay at the Blue Tang Inn. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. The location was fabulous. We loved being on the beach and right at the edge of San Pedro town. We will definitely stay at the Blue Tang Inn on our next trip to Belize!

Room Tip: Check their website for room locations.