We stayed in unit 22 a one bedroom ocean view unit on the ground floor. The room was clean and had everything we needed, new silverware and glasses, cute dishes, microwave, TV with channels from all over the world, plastic margarita ware for the poolside and beach, a full sized refrigerator, stove, and good wifi. This resort is at the 2.5 marker south of town which means that a golf cart rental is a good idea and the managers will arrange one to meet you at the airport if you ask. We just walked across the street from the airport and rented one ourselves with no problems. I almost packed a deck of cards when the weather report said partly rainy but I shouldn't have worried. The water is so shallow that the snorkeling was good even in the rain. We were in the water almost everyday for a week, snorkeling, boating to the blue hole and boating to the mainland Mayan ruins at Lamanai. The companies will pick you up at the dock if you request it. There is a payphone at the palapa near the pool, but we didn't find it until our last day and did all arrangements in person or by email. The rooms have air conditioning but we never used it, the fans and ocean breezes kept us comfortable.I was awakened by birds chirping every morning, my husband and I enjoyed the quiet after a full day on the water. The beach in front of the condo is cleaned daily but the water is full of seaweeds ( which turtles and manatees like to eat in more secluded areas) and the island doesn't have great beaches. I saw two manatee in the water from the small plane coming to the island, and two more in the water near Bacalar Chico. We snorkeled at Hol Chan three times and saw something new every time. The guides are really among the best in the world, we tried three different touring companies and they were all helpful and knowledgeable. Most food is shipped in and is very expensive, roadside stalls have the best fruit and vegetables and the tap water is good. Ambergris Caye is no Cancun. Despite a huge influx of expats, it retains its Caribbean charm and lack of glitzy "luxury". These condos reflect the island's spirit. I would recommend this condo for couples and families who enjoy each other and the sea.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful Oceanfront condominium complex with various sized units that can accomodate up to twelve persons. The Caribe Island condo resort is a small, full-service resort that is located on the Island of Ambergris Caye, just outside the town of San Pedro in Belize, Central America. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Caribe Island Condos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Island Condos Hotel San Pedro
- Caribe Island Condos San Pedro
- Caribe Island Condos Belize/San Pedro