Praises to Caribbean Villas for a wonderful vacation. The new owner was there often to oversee the bar renovation, but he made no attempt to visit with guests. No worries, as the staff was very friendly, rooms were clean, grounds were immaculate.
This small 12 room hotel is about a mile from town, and we walked the beach daily to find a new favorite spot to eat. We also bought alcohol at the duty free, local beer at the distributor, and shopped at Marina’s just up the street for a few things to have in our furnished kitchen. The bar closed at 8:00 so if we wanted a nightcap we had to be out and about or make our own and watch the stars.
Tonya at the front desk arranged all our trips. We snorkeled (Ramon’s), scuba’d (Ramon’s), fished (Guererro’s, then took our catch to George’s Kitchen to cook - YUM), and one couple did the Zip Line/Cave Tube (Seaduced). Otherwise we vegged at the small pool or by the water. Not a great beach, which seems typical of Ambergris, but groomed daily to be seaweed free.
If you're looking for a high activity, entertaining resort, Caribbean Villas is not for you. But it's a perfect place to rest and rejuvenate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caribbean Villas Hotel on Ambergris Caye has luxury suites/rooms with Caribbean views, beautiful grounds, a large sandy beach all within sight of the reef. Whether you want a romantic vacation or a getaway from the crowds, a spell of renewal or a stepping stone to adventure, we can cater to your needs. With an onsite Dive Shop on our dock to arrange Scuba and Snorkeling excursions, and the Belize Sailing Center on the beach with Sailing, Kayaks, Paddleboards and Windsurfing & Kite surfing rentals, there is no lack of activities for adventure seekers. Or just relax with an oceanfront massage from their onsite masseuse. Our full-time concierge is available to book any mainland tours including Reef & Deep Sea fishing, Jungle Zip-lining, Cave-tubing and Maya Ruin tours. Golf Cart rentals are also available on site. Guests also have access to a Jacuzzi, two fresh water pools and the on-site restaurant which serves gourmet Caribbean and Belizean cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Caribbean Villas Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribbean Hotel San Pedro
- Caribbean San Pedro
- Caribbean Villas Hotel Belize/San Pedro