“Vacation at Carribean Villa Hotel in San Pedro, Belize” 5 of 5 stars

Caribbean Villas Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Seagrape Drive, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize   |
Ranked #24 of 55 hotels in San Pedro
Ray City, Georgia
“Vacation at Carribean Villa Hotel in San Pedro, Belize”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I found this hotel on a special through Goupons it was for seven day at the villa and once purchase you called hotel to make your reservation of when you wanted to visit and what size room you wanted. This was a wonderful place the view was out of this world and the grounds were keeping nice. The bar/restaurant on site had amazing food that was so reasonable and the staff was pleasant and very helpful anytime. I would highly recommend this vacation. I never felt so relax as I did San Pedro. The owners of the hotel were very nice and helpful and you could visit with them in the bar when they were on site. Breakfast came with your hotel every morning and bikes were free to ride. The hotel also supplied ground transportation to and from the airport. The airport in Belize is a little crazy if you fly from the international airport to San Pedro they charge you international fee but if you get a cab to the municipal airport your flight to San Pedro is less expensed the cab ride is about $25. This is great if you have a few individuals flying with you but if it’s just you I would fly from the international airport. The snorkel, fishing and beach BBQ were great and the boat over to see the Mayan ruins were a great time. I highly recommend this vacation to anyone and it is kid friendly too.

Room Tip: All room are great.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

380 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Lawrence, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

The grounds of Caribbean Villas are beautiful and the bar is very nice. We stayed in one of the one-bedroom suites, which was very comfortable. The hotel is about a 20 minute walk from most of the restaurants and shopping in San Pedro, so if you plan on spending a lot of time in town, you'll want to rent a golf cart or stay somewhere closer. Also, though the staff was very friendly, they were not very efficient or even successful at booking the various diving and mainland activities that we wanted to do. They have one tour company that they work with, and if that company wasn't doing what we wanted to do that day, they just told us that it wasn't available rather than checking with one of the other tour companies in town. We ended up booking all of our activities ourselves with Ecologic Divers.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Marys, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

My 14 year old son and I had three wonderful nights at the Caribbean Villas. The staff was really friendly, and they took such good care of us. Anna at the front desk was so patient and was genuinely interested in talking to my son. The room was clean and we slept very well each night.
I had a "nightmare come true" after checking out...we decided to take the ferry to the mainland and as it was leaving the dock I realized I had left our passports in the safe in our room! They turned the ferry around, I called Anna at the hotel, and they immediately got the passports and drove them to us!!! Really "above and beyond." I was embarrassed and flustered, and everyone was so nice about it. Even the ferry people! Belize (and San Pedro Town) rocks!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Small boutique hotel in Ambergris. It was about 10 minutes from town which was nice as it can be a little seedy. They have fun beach bar over looking the water. Staff was very friendly as well! Clean rooms, nice staff!

Room Tip: Suites have full kitchen if you want to cook
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Idaho Springs, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I just got back from spending a week in Belize. This was my second vacation to San Pedro and my second time staying at Caribbean Villas. I went back because the staff is friendly and makes me feel right at home. The room was clean and was kept clean every day and the AC worked great.

Anna is a delightful new addition to the front desk and was very helpful in booking tours. Luis, Tony and Leon did an excellent job at Catamaran Beach Bar which now has a complimentary breakfast and a lunch menu which they didn’t have last year.

I like the location just a little south of town, but still an easy walk up the beach to go shopping. Another plus over some places is free Wi-fi and free bicycle rental. I will undoubtedly stay there again next year.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Great Falls, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Just got through spending 5 night there. Friendly and helpful staff and excellent facilities. Had no trouble with the wood slats on the windows (didn't let them outsmart us). Javier helped with an antenna I needed strung up for my "ham" radio. Frank was always there to help. Luis was and excellent bartender. The breakfast crew did an outstanding job. Dinner was delicious. Only negative was the putz renting the cats...wanted WAY too much (over the published price on the folders)..and others on the island let us know he'd rented for far less than he wanted to OVER CHARGE US. He gets a 0, CVH gets a big thumbs up!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here and compared to all the other hotels and their prices and location this was the best... We were extremely happy here and if we came back we would be here again. Super friendly staff, onsite bar and food, and quiet. Excellent prices on groupon as well. Clean rooms and complimentary breakfast.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Caribbean Villas Hotel? Share your experiences!