First time in San Pedrp / Ambergris Caye. From afar, we found deciding on a place to stay quite difficult - there are a lot of high-end resorts on the island, but with accompanying high-end prices. Anything of any reasonable standard doesn't come too cheap either, so we ended up choosing Caribbean Villas.
The hotel is small, but with good facilities: the beach bar and accompanying restaurant are very good. Leon and Lewis at the bar were great, and we met Graham the owner a couple of times too, along with other guests and a lot of ex-pats on the island. The fact that the bar is a place of choice for ex-pats (especially on Sundays) is a good sign, and the bar area created a friendly, community feel. Staff generally were friendly and helpful.
The small pool and deck, beachfront, and the pier are nice, with water sports available. We were unfortunate with weather, but still got to use these facilities. The free bikes were fantastic, opened up the whole island, and are sturdy and fun. Cycling the beach north of the bridge is a must do in San Pedro. As it's a 15 minute walk to town, the bikes also shorten that particular trip.
Our room was ok - room 12. Nothing wrong with it, just quite small, and tucked away under the stairs on the ground floor. Nice hot shower, TV had all the channels (and a channel list: other hotels take note!), comfortable bed, microwave, food mixer / smoothie maker, and enough storage.
All in all, while there are more luxurious places to stay, Caribbean Villas offers good value, and a nice atmosphere, and is peacefully and conveniently located.
- Also Known As:
- Caribbean Hotel San Pedro
- Caribbean San Pedro
- Caribbean Villas Hotel Belize/San Pedro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caribbean Villas Hotel on Ambergris Caye has luxury suites/rooms with Caribbean views, beautiful grounds, a large sandy beach all within sight of the reef. Whether you want a romantic vacation or a getaway from the crowds, a spell of renewal or a stepping stone to adventure, we can cater to your needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Venere, EasyToBook, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Caribbean Villas Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.