We just returned from a great trip to Belize, and our stay at the Caribbean Villas was wonderful. We wanted a small hotel on the beach with a relaxed atmosphere where we could appreciate nature and have a low-key vacation. Caribbean Villas was perfect for us. We had a "celebration of life" trip with three generations of our family. We left 3 husbands at home (with their blessings), and the 4 "girls" ranged in age from 70 to 19. We had the "Pelican's Perch" loft suite where we had plenty of room, 2 bathrooms, a nice kitchen and a balcony overlooking the ocean. From the balcony we watched the sunrise while eating our breakfast, appreciated the lovely water, the birds, and the full moon reflecting on the water. We could walk to the grocery stores to get snacks and breakfaast foods, which was convenient.
The staff is great--everyone is friendly and helpful. Rene (in reservations) was terrific answering many questions over the phone and by email before our trip, so we could plan what we wanted to do. Luis, Gladys & Lilly in the office were super in arranging our tours fro bird watching, fishing, snorkeling, and trips to see the Mayan ruins & zip lining/cave tubing. SEAduced had a good trip to Lamanai with Ricky, Devon and Eddie as our knowledgeable guides.
Please ask for Ramon Guerrero as a guide for a fun fishing trip--he was wonderful. We weren't that experienced, so he baited our hooks, took the fish off and cleaned the fish. (Ramon also guides more experienced anglers.) The boat ride was great over the beautiful water. When we returned, the hotel cook prepared our fish for a delicious lunch.
For taxi service, we always asked for Alberto. He took us to the markets for fresh produce and meat, to the shops and good local restaurants and, best of all, he took us to a local artist, Kurt Cruz. We made several visits to see Kurt painting on the street, and to buy some of his paintings to bring home. He does beautiful work and the pieces make great souvenirs.
We really enjoyed our stay at the Caribbean Villas and hope to come back some day. We had something interesting and exciting planned every day--we have so many wonderful memories of our trip!
Yes, I gave the hotel a 5 for the fitness center. Although they don't have a formal fitness center, they arranged the tours so we did something physical every day. With walking in town, bird watching, hiking, climbing, fishing, swimming, snorkeling, zip lining and cave tubing, we had our own fitness program!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caribbean Villas Hotel on Ambergris Caye has luxury suites/rooms with Caribbean views, beautiful grounds, a large sandy beach all within sight of the reef. Whether you want a romantic vacation or a getaway from the crowds, a spell of renewal or a stepping stone to adventure, we can cater to your needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Travelocity, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Caribbean Villas Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribbean Hotel San Pedro
- Caribbean San Pedro
- Caribbean Villas Hotel Belize/San Pedro