“Ramon's is Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramon's Village Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Ramon's Village Resort
You added Ramon's Village Resort to your Saves list
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Coconut Drive, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize   |
Ranked #19 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
Martinez, CA
“Ramon's is Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2006

My wife and I just got back from our honeymoon in Belize. Our stay at Ramon's could not have been better. It had by far the best beach in San Pedro. Many hotels don't have easy access to the water. They handled all of excursions needs right at the hotel (snorkel, kayak, golf cart, etc) Our room was great. Very clean, good air conditioning. The only knock on Ramon's is the food. I don't recommend eating in the restaurant. There are plenty of good eats within a short walk.

Stayed December 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2005

I had finished a tour in iraq and wanted to do some diving, having read other reviews of ramons I selected their establishment. I was not dissapointed in the least with the service or the diving. The resort is close enough to town to walk to, were you can hit the bars and shops in the evening. The dive shop was first rate and the bar wasnt bad either. do keep in mind that this is a small cay so yes you are close to the road and to the airport, but then you get the convience of the town. I would recommend ramons to all.

• Stayed November 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2005

We didn't know what to expect when arriving at Ramon's but we were pleasantly surprised...since we had just come from a jungle lodge with no electricity. Ramon's is in a GREAT location, within walking distance to town. The seaside Cabana we stayed in was on the top floor and had great high ceilings, a porch and electricity (air conditioning too). Every day our room was cleaned promptly and swept up (cause sand is a little out of control). Hot water was plentiful, which was awesome, although they said its not safe to drink the faucet water...but we had a large jug of water to use to brush our teeth! Breakfast was included in our stay and for me, after 5 days...I was running out of options. Huevos, or Huevos (eggs if you haven't learned Spanish yet). The breakfast was good with fruit and a neat thing called a Fry Jack. Yum. We had a good time feeding the cats that frequent the resort. Or we would walk out on the long, wonderful dock to feed the fish our leftovers. Some of the food at Ramon's was sketchy but you might want to take me with a grain of salt, because I am pretty picky. I will tell you this about food though....right when you walk into town there is pizza place that states "NY pizza"....it was REALLY good and I wish I got more of it. Anyways, back to the resort...it was very clean and probably the best location of all resorts we saw. The dive center was somewhat helpful, I was a brand new diver and asked for an easy dive site...and ended up having a panic attack in the water because of the waves and never trying diving again. But the snorkeling was AWESOME. But watch out around dusk...there are many bats flying around. Our cabana had garlic tied to the outside. Overall our stay in San Pedro was great. Ask the locals about the Chicken Drop at the Pier Lounge, the local kids feeding the crocodiles (they are not trying to scam you into buying a chicken...you really have to). Also, you should plan on renting a golf cart one or more days to ride around...parking is easy on the street and Ramon's has plenty of parking. The staff is great, especially the restaurant staff...I don't think those guys get a day off.

• Stayed November 2005
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2005

FIrst of all I want to say that Ramon's is a very clean hotel and that my husband and I had a fantastic time. Having said that, the reason for the fantastic time was due to the location - not to the hotel. It wasn't that Ramon's was bad - it was actually a nice hotel (a good snorkeling location, layout location, lots of activities in the hotel and very clean) - but for the price I paid ($200US for a beachfront cabana) I was expecting more. The room was tiny. The shower water smelled (may not be Ramon's fault), the room did not have a tub only a shower and it was very small. My husband and I defeintely needed more space. Also, I have stayed in San Pedro before in a cheaper hotel (Holiday Hotel) and the difference between the two was not worth the price difference. Also, the pool was so exposed to outsiders - I didnt feel comfortable there at night - I never used it.

Next time, I may stay at Banyan Bay or a different hotel if I want something more luxorious.

So - if you dont mind small - go for Ramon's....I personally need more room.

Deltaville, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2005

Some people would call Buckingham Palace a drafty old barn. Some people can't be satisfied with accommodations unlike the best in the USA. Those people need to stay in the USA and then they won't be disappointed! Having traveled throughout the Caribbean and some in Mexico, I found Ramon's to be exactly what it should be...a taste of tropical life. The rooms were fine. They weren't fancy but they were in keeping with the motif of the resort: Mayan ruins and beachfront paradise. If one uses a little common sense and puts one of the room rugs outside the door, he can keep the sand at bay. It won't be there too long, however, since the maids clean the room daily, including changing the sheets! If you have a sand problem, I'm sure they will come sweep for you.

The food was good at Ramon's. The breakfasts were HUGE and the dinners were fine. We ate in town at Caramba, Mickey's and at Elvi's and all were great. I didn't find the food that expensive. We paid about $10-12 for lunches in town and got fresh ceviche, fish and other goodies. Dinner ran a little more, perhaps $20 per person if you were conservative.

Ramon's is SOOOO laidback that we took our own booze and mixed our drinks in the room. No one seemed to care and on our last night, we bought chicken from a little restaurant down the street and ate it on the patio of the restaurant at Ramon's! They didn't seem to mind and even brought us ice for our room drinks!! I guarantee that you will NOT find a wait staff as good as that at Ramon's anywhere in the world.

The owner, Richard Headrick,(I hope it's spelled right) was there when we were there and he was quite personable. He seemed interested in his clients and spoke to all of us, even remembering our first names!

No complaints from any of the four in my party. We agreed that it's one of few places that we've said we'd return to. Just keep an open mind. A hotel doesn't have to have carpet and bathtubs to be classy.

Stayed November 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2005

Ramon's was incredible. The grounds were beautiful and very well kept, amazing atmosphere and beach. Bar is a little expensive. (If you're there check out the Tackle Box on the pier about a five minute walk down the beach!) Breakfast is very yummy and you get plenty of food! If you're in San Pedro you must check out Casa Picaso for dinner, fantastic! A little out of the way, about a 15 minute walk through a deserted area, but it's very safe. Stayed in a standard room off the beach, it was great, felt very private, only complaint about the entire place is the bathroom was a little small, shower only. But that may depend on the room. There was no tv in our room, which bothered me for about the first day but everything else was so great I forgot about it! Fun location right in town (small quaint town), cute place to walk, shop, eat, etc. Diving was excellent, lots of lobsters, crab, eel, sharks, rays. We were on a boat with a total of four divers and the divemaster the entire time! And the last day we were the only two that went out so he took us through a great little cave! Couldn't ask for a better resort to dive with. Definitely exceeded expectations and I would highly recommend it :)

• Stayed May 2005

Been to Ramon's Village Resort? Share your experiences!