“Superb Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramon's Village Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Ramon's Village Resort
You added Ramon's Village Resort to your Saves list
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Coconut Drive, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #20 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
“Superb Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Where do I begin?! The accommodations were great. Highly recommend and anxious to return! We were surprised there was no tv in the room but we never missed it! We were also surprised how quiet it was. Ramon's is so close to the airport but we were never disturbed by the flights. We were in one of the jungle cabanas with a lovely deck. We were not facing the water but could see the beach from a short distance. We enjoyed breakfast with "Ramon" himself one morning and it was delightful to hear his story. We treated like family during our entire visit and on first name basis with the entire staff and we were only there a few days!

Room Tip: We were very comfortable in room 132. No noise from street or from the beach. Sitting on our deck we...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Ramon's or the first five days of the trip. The resort is very lively with lots of trees. It is impressive how fast they rebuilt after the fire. Vidal was our waiter several times and was very attentive. The dive shop is too notch as well, the masters are very trustworthy. Overall a great experience!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

I recently got home from a week stay at Roman's village. The resort was amazing and the staff even better. I highly recommend this place to anyone. The thatched-roof cabana I stayed in was very clean and well maintained by the staff. I stayed in the jungle cabana, not a room with an ocean view but the walk from my front porch to the beach was less than 15 seconds. I like the privacy. The cabana was nestled in a mini jungle where coconut palms and other tropical flora join together, a true Island experience. The Pineapple restaurant on the resort has an ocean front view and all meals were great! Seriously. Great!!! This resort has a perfect location too. You can walk anywhere to find a grocery store or other shops, just walk down the beach. What I like most about Ramon’s is the dive staff. My dive master, Ernest, is a highly trained diver (of course) with a great personality. I dove the blue hole with him and he made the experience ever lasting. Again, I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I have been to San Pedro several times, this was the first time staying at Ramon's. The place is great! The cabana room was fantastic even though they have no TV, except in bar area. The food is great & the staff is some of the best I have been around. I would recommend Ramon's to anyone or family wanting to have great place to stay.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

This place is totally amazing. We stayed across the street at their sister property The Belizean Princess, but got to use all the amenities at Ramon's. Every day someone was sprucing up the place, from raking the beach to pruning the trees to painting the fences. The front desk staff was friendly and very helpful. The room was great. Comfy beds, more towels than we ever needed, cute balcony (super functional for drying out suits and towels), in-room safe, refreshing a/c, and a mini-fridge.

Towel service, cushioned beach chairs, lagoon-style pool, delicious drinks and smoothies, security officers on the beach, palapa covered hammocks, rides to and from the ferry, and the whole place is located just south of all the goings-on of downtown.

We also took advantage of the dive shop on their pier for a couple outings and kayak rental. Great guys, trustworthy and professional. We met a guy who runs his own dive expeditions and even he gave Ramon's the seal of approval, told us we were in good hands.

Overall, a great place if not the only place to stay in San Pedro.

Room Tip: Top floor of the Belizean Princess is a great deal. You get a private balcony, all the amenities of...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Bentonville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Just home from a week at Ramon's Village. Had a great time! Love the thatched roof huts with modern amenities. The Pineapple restaurant is top notch. We went fishing one day & brought a bunch of snapper filets to the Pineapple which they prepared & served us for supper for a very reasonable fee & it was wonderful!
My big canvas bag that holds my dive bag, clothes, & everything else I need for a trip like this got the end pretty well ripped off of it at the Belize City airport. I mentioned it to Richard, the owner, & he immediately had one of his people take me to a local shop where the guy wanted $10 US to fix it. I gave him $20, got the bag back in an hour, & can hardly see the repair.
Richard is a really fun guy to chat with & all the staff are fun & friendly. I will definitely book at Ramon's next trip to Belize.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Pricey but service, facilities and view are amazing.

The dining options are interesting but if looking for well seasoned local dishes I recommend to go to other places. That's the only CON I can recall but it was just my taste.

The staff is extremely friendly and the beach is kept nice and clean.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Ramon's Village Resort? Share your experiences!