“OUTSTANDING RESORT - GREAT SERVICE” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramon's Village Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Ramon's Village Resort
You added Ramon's Village Resort to your Saves list
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Coconut Drive, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize   |
Ranked #19 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“OUTSTANDING RESORT - GREAT SERVICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We just returned from Ramon’s Village (9-15-13 to 9-21-13). . Yes, they had a devastating fire, and YES Ramon’s is open for business. What a week, what great people, and what a wonderful place.
Rooms - YES we stayed at Ramon’s in a beach front cabana, just few short steps from the water. Our room was perfect, mini refrigerator, safe, telephone, clock, and a king bed, and what a view from our private porch. I’ve stayed in a lot of “island rooms”, over the years. This was by far the nicest room I have ever had on a dive trip. As for the amenities, the air conditioner was outstanding, hot water and good pressure, 24 hours a day. The house keeping staff are meticulous, the floors shinned every day, which is tough to do when you have big footed divers like me tracking sand around. Each day our bed had a towel folded up in the shape of an animal or flower, with flower pedals as accents. Truly 5 star service.
Restaurant- We enjoyed dinner at Pineapples beach front restaurant. While they apologize for a ”limited” menu, I can only say if this is limited, I can’t wait to see what the full menu is like when the restaurant is re-built. The menu offers a wide variety of choices, and extras, for all three meals. Plus snacks are available from sun up till closing around 10:00 pm. They offered two BBQ nights, with a choice of fish, chicken, pork, or beef BBQ, and host of sides. As for pricing, the menu items are reasonability priced, not over inflated resort pricing, but down home value pricing. Good food, lots of it, and at a good price. The Staff is friendly, learned our names, home town, and even our favorite foods, rapidly.
Scuba Diving with Ramon’s, is GREAT. From the Dive Shop Management team, to the new deck hand every one treated us like we were owners. The Dive Master’s, had us set up our gear the first time and from then on, they handled everything. Normally, we do not normally let anyone assemble our gear; but the staff are perfectionists, even noting, that I prefer my cylinder slightly lower on the back than most, so we kicked back and let them do their thing. The dive shop mamangment team spent a lot of time with us, helping to plan not our return trip in March 2014, with 35 Divers. They listened to the needs of our group, the types and experience level of our divers, and helped us design a dive profile that will please everyone.
Blue Hole Trip – Well you can’t go to Belize and not make a trip to the Blue Hole. While it is a long boat ride, 2 hours, the time flew by. Lead by a great Captain, and supported by the staff telling us the history of the Blue hole, we never even noticed the time go by. What a thrill to dive in such a historical location. Led by our Dive Master, supported by 2 other Dive Guides, we toured the South Grotto. After the dive, it was off to Half Moon Caye for another stunning dive, and then the best boat lunch I have ever had on Half Moon Caye, wrapped up the day with a last dive, at a special spot Ernest knew of, between half-moon and Long Caye. As the day wound down, we took a relaxing 2 hour boat trip back to the resort, enjoying the beautiful sunset.
Fire – Rebuilding. OK so what about the FIRE! Yes Ramon’s suffered a horrible fire on August 27, 2013. But let me tell you, the entire Ramon’s team, the contractors, and the people of San Pedro, have a get it done attitude. By the time we left, walls were already going up on the restaurant, and all of the cabanas floor framing was in place, with several having walls already up. It’s truly a testament to the people of San Pedro and the Staff of Ramon’s.
The resort is well on its way to being bigger and better than ever. AND IT’S PRETTY GREAT ALREADY. If you’re visiting in the next few months don’t worry about the noise, you can’t hear anything. I don’t know how they do it, but the entire week, we never were distributed once. We really didn’t hear anything. Reminded me of the building of King Solomon’s Temple “so that there was neither hammer nor axe nor any tool of iron heard in the house, while it was in building” (1Kings 6:7)
Staff – It’s such a joy to talk with people, who have faced such a tragedy, and still find joy in each day. Not once over the week did I see a frown on anyone’s face, from the golf cart rentals team, to the guy carrying lumber; everyone is just filed with joy. We had the pleasure of sitting with Diving Legend Ramon Nuñez, who still greets guests each day, shares his love of the island and the sea, and a sprit for life that is refreshing.
We would like to say "Thank You" to Ramon Nuñez, Mr. & Mrs. Headrick, managers Einer & Steve, all the dive staff, Ernest, Ricky, 'Belly' and Rick, as well the all the hard working staff and workers on board, no matter their position - 'all for one' is apparent in your drive to achieve your goal - from the impressive changes we have seen in a week - we have no worries you will be back by your goal! Looking forward to our March visit!

Room Tip: They are all outstanding rooms. Beach front is the best
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I accompanied a group of friends to the resort and we truly enjoyed every moment we had at Ramon's Village. We were present the night of the fire; we had just finished a dedication ceremony with our spouses and had dinner on the beach, which was beautifully decorated by the staff when we noticed the fire. We were relived that everyone was safe and amazed by the community support to save Ramon's!
The staff made us feel like family and I will always remember our good friends Vidal, Oscar, Alex, Jack, and the rest of the guys...thanks for keeping the Purple Parrots coming and for keeping me safe from the cats! LOL!!!! You all are in our thoughts and prayers.
Marlo & Anthony

• Stayed August 2013
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed at Ramon's twice in the last few years and each time our stay was wonderful. The staff are warm and friendly, including the staff who work at the bar and restaurant. Our room was quite nice, looking out on the water from our balcony. We will definitely go back the next time we travel to Belize. We loved the snorkeling, which you can do right off the beach or by taking a short boat ride out to the reef. In many places the water is only waist-deep, warm and so clear you can see everything.

Room Tip: The beachfront cabanas are best.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
League
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Ramon's Village is beautiful. The private cabannas are better than expected. Help at the resort is excellent. The waiters in the bar and resturant are friendly and remember you! Ramon comes by and sees everyone at some point in your stay.
The location is central to the little airport and if you come by boat or ferry ,which we did, Ramon's will pick you up free!. The breadfast we had included was alway great.

Room Tip: We stayed within the imediate vicinity of the resturant and pier. Friends stayed across the street a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Sorry to hear the bad news. However, with the great location, very short walking distance to town and spectacular views and ownership under Ramon family, I am sure the place will be as good as it was. Fantastic location to access the dives on the reef within 20 -30 minutes or less.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

WOW! What can I say?!! We were there the night of this tragedy!!! My husband and I were celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary dinner on the beach along with 6 of our friends and family! The Ramon's Staff were awesome!! They were like family to us!! Our hearts and prayers go out to the staff and friends!! Shout out to Vidal, Oscar, Robert, Glenn, Alex, Kareem, Ron & Jack!!! I hope I didn't leave anyone out! You guys were awesome!! GOD BLESS!! Kim & Tim

• Stayed August 2013
Lake Oswego, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Ramon's Resort is truly the most magicial place on earth...the island is perfect, the diving is superb, the beach is beautiful, but most of all the resort feels like family to us. The staff are AMAZING, super friendly, casual, gracious and always there when you need them.

We have visited Ramon's twice and have a trip planned for early 2014. I have been assured that Ramon's will be back, better than ever, but it was perfect before the fire.....how could it get better? I cannot wait to go back.

When I read about the fire, it broke my heart. It was like losing a friend. Thank goodness no one was hurt, no one was killed. I hope Ramon's cats got away and have been rescued. I know they liked to hide out under the roof by the bar.

We will see Ramon's Resort in the spring, and I so look forward to seeing my old friend again soon. If you are considering a dive trip, or just a relaxing beach trip, Ramon's Resort is and will be a most memorable destination.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ramon's Village Resort? Share your experiences!