My husband and I came to Belize for our honeymoon, and our travel agent suggested Ramon's Village. Being just the two of us, on an island we were new to, staying at Ramon's made things especially easy for us. The staff were always happy to give local recommendations, the dive boat leaves right off of the dock, fishing crews will pick you up from the hotel - everything was incredibly convenient. The diving was insane (in a GREAT way) - a must do if you're there.
I will say, we got the breakfast meal plan and it was just ok. It made mornings very easy for us, but there were not a ton of options and after a few days we were pretty much over it. This island has tons of great food - definitely take advantage of moving around and trying to local restaurants.
The only thing I wish we knew before going, was that the bathrooms in the rooms do not have ceilings. It was a little odd.
I'd recommend Ramon's for couples and families visiting the area for the first time in a second. They make sure you enjoy yourself, and we did not experience any of the negative issues that have been brought up by other users. It was a wonderful vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramon's Village Resort is the premiere beach resort in San Pedro, Belize featuring authentic thatched roof cabanas, fabulous beach, lagoon style pool, Ramon's Village Divers scuba diving center, Pineapples Restaurant, Tropic Al's and the Tiki Turtle Trading Company. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Ramon's Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramon`s Village Hotel San Pedro
- Ramons Village Hotel
- Ramons Village Belize
- Ramons Village San Pedro
- Ramon's Village Resort Belize/San Pedro