“Good, but you're paying a lot for it” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramon's Village Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Ramon's Village Resort
Save Saved
You added Ramon's Village Resort to your Saves list
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Coconut Drive, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize   |
Ranked #19 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
Portland, Oregon
“Good, but you're paying a lot for it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I'm so glad we stayed here for the first few days of our Belize trip. It was indeed relaxing, well-kept, the service was great. We enjoyed our stay.

But, man, it was expensive!

And it was a simulated cultural experience - a resort designed so you don't have to leave the resort. They've got the hotel, restaurant, bar, beach, dive shop, snorkeling dock -- why leave?!

For what is is, it's great. If you want to be with a bunch of other Americans, relax, have drinks brought to you - GO HERE. We just didn't want that, but we enjoyed the experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I sometimes close my eyes and pretend I’m back in Belize, at Ramons, enjoying what is a true paradise. Let me help you decide to stay here: individual beach cabanas, beautifully designed with an authentic tropical feel. The cabanas are Caribbean chic, embracing a perfect blend of luxury and exciting local touches. The beds are very comfortable, the bathroom is spacious, shower is hot, air conditioning is as strong as you would like it to be, and the room is quiet – so you can sleep all through the night! The beach is AMAZING; you only have to walk a few steps before you’re swinging in a hammock under palm trees, drinking a local beer as the sun shines down and the breeze blows. If you get tired of relaxing and feel ready for some excitement, check out Ramons dive shop – you can arrange some fabulous adventures, like snorkeling the worlds second largest barrier reef (so fun), diving the mysterious blue hole, or a day trip out to the Mayan temples on the mainland. To my surprise I was very impressed with the food at Ramons – high quality, authentic and delicious, and the prices are some of the best in San Pedro. I have traveled around the world, and Belize tops the list for a Caribbean getaway, you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Go for the seaside, it's worth it!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The service, rooms, food, beach, excursions etc etc and Especially the folks who work here are absolutely spectacular - by far the best of the best. There's nothing bad here at all! And the people that work here love their jobs!!! Had the best time ever & did not want to leave at all! They make Belize wonderful! You betta Belize it!

Robin D'Angelo
Overland Park, KS

Room Tip: They don't have a fitness center - but you don't need one. They are close to everything! You...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed at Ramon's last year after several days in jungle, and it was clearly the best part of the entire trip. We took several snorkeling excursions, enjoyed local food, and the local people. The waters were fabulously clear and a gorgeous turquoise color.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I just returned from San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize. we both had a wonderful time. The accommodations at The Ramon's Village Resort was first class. The resort was professional and very, very friendly. From the young man at the office ( Robert ) to the room attendants, to the wait staff in the Pineapple restaurant. There was several days that Mr. Ramon's was greeting guest & asking how is your stay going, can we do anything to make it any better. The entire staff goes above and beyond to make your stay a good one. Very impressed with the staff that attends to the grounds, there grounds were the best kept grounds on the entire beach !!! Also, The Purple Parrot is there bar at the resort and the staff is friendly, fun and make you feel welcome. Thanks Alex and Ron for making our trip so memorable !!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

For the price I really don't know that you could do better. The location is incredibly convenient, the rooms cute and clean, and the staff is outstanding. Is it the Ritz Carlton? No. But for the price I just don't think there is room for complaint. I've stayed at Ramon's three times now and definitely will be back.

Location - Easy walk to town, right in the thick of most everything

Beaches - Nice, not incredible, but the staff is quick to offer beach service

Activities - Obviously dive and snorkel. The trips from the dive shop are reasonably priced and well worth doing. A note of caution - on my first trip I signed up to do Hol Chan without having any previous snorkel experience. I asked if it was a good trip for a beginner, and was told yes. I tend to disagree, but if you have even a little snorkel experience under your belt don't miss it. It is truly incredible. At night there are a number of places to go, but we like Fido's. It has that fun and friendly island feel - just everyone having a good time - and you can easily walk back to Ramon's.

Rooms - Cute and clean. I found the hot water to be somewhat lacking and they generally could use an update, but again at the price I think they are completely acceptable. The Honeymoon Suite is my favorite on property - you have a great beachfront location and your own little porch and hammock. I think it is room #25.

Food - It isn't terribly cheap and it isn't terrific (anywhere on the island) but I thought it was fine. If you're a real foodie and that has to be a significant part of your trip, I'd skip San Pedro.

Service - This staff is incredible. Friendly, fun, and very attentive.

Room Tip: The Honeymoon Suite is my favorite on property - you have a great beachfront location and your own l...
Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Moselle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

After reading some of the reviews I felt compelled to write about my experience at Ramon's in December, 2011. My daughter and I spent 10 nights at Ramon's while I was having extensive dental work done in Belize City. I would catch an early flight back to the mainland, sit in a dental chair for up to seven hours straight, then fly back to San Pedro. It was grueling, but the staff at Ramon's was wonderful. Although I feel it is slightly overpriced, the location can't be beat, the food and service are excellent, and the beach, although small, is just about the best available in the area. Also, since I was leaving my daughter alone all day, I knew she was in a safe location, although anytime you travel you need to be cautious. (She is an adult, but since she was alone I wanted to make sure she was in a place she would have things to do, access to good food, snorkeling, etc.). Ramon's was perfect for both of us. In fact, a friend of my daughter's flew down from the states and stayed a few days with us and had a great time too.

I don't understand any issues about the food. It was a little pricey, but no more so than other restaurants on the island, which, to be truthful is one reason why I would like my husband to visit San Pedro with me, because the food was excellent at all but one of the restaurants we ate at while on the island. The rooms are a hut, but large enough to,serve the purpose, the a/c was cold, the water hot enough. A grocery store is right down the block, within easy walking distance if you want to pick up some cereal and milk for breakfast, or soft drinks or beer to keep in the refrig in your room.

Staying at Ramon's allows you the flexibility of being right in the thick of things, while in a beautifully landscaped setting which gives you a feeling of community. I loved it, and I have stayed at many resorts throughout the Caribbean. It is not 'plush' by any means, but certainly more than adequate, and actually has that perfect island feel. Hope this review is helpful. Have Fun!

Room Tip: Stay as close to the beach as possible, this cuts down on street noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Ramon's Village Resort? Share your experiences!