“Great location, food, and fun!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramon's Village Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Ramon's Village Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Coconut Drive, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize   |
Announcement
Room Rates
Ranked #18 of 55 hotels in San Pedro
Moselle
“Great location, food, and fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

After reading some of the reviews I felt compelled to write about my experience at Ramon's in December, 2011. My daughter and I spent 10 nights at Ramon's while I was having extensive dental work done in Belize City. I would catch an early flight back to the mainland, sit in a dental chair for up to seven hours straight, then fly back to San Pedro. It was grueling, but the staff at Ramon's was wonderful. Although I feel it is slightly overpriced, the location can't be beat, the food and service are excellent, and the beach, although small, is just about the best available in the area. Also, since I was leaving my daughter alone all day, I knew she was in a safe location, although anytime you travel you need to be cautious. (She is an adult, but since she was alone I wanted to make sure she was in a place she would have things to do, access to good food, snorkeling, etc.). Ramon's was perfect for both of us. In fact, a friend of my daughter's flew down from the states and stayed a few days with us and had a great time too.

I don't understand any issues about the food. It was a little pricey, but no more so than other restaurants on the island, which, to be truthful is one reason why I would like my husband to visit San Pedro with me, because the food was excellent at all but one of the restaurants we ate at while on the island. The rooms are a hut, but large enough to,serve the purpose, the a/c was cold, the water hot enough. A grocery store is right down the block, within easy walking distance if you want to pick up some cereal and milk for breakfast, or soft drinks or beer to keep in the refrig in your room.

Staying at Ramon's allows you the flexibility of being right in the thick of things, while in a beautifully landscaped setting which gives you a feeling of community. I loved it, and I have stayed at many resorts throughout the Caribbean. It is not 'plush' by any means, but certainly more than adequate, and actually has that perfect island feel. Hope this review is helpful. Have Fun!

Room Tip: Stay as close to the beach as possible, this cuts down on street noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

613 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Wiarton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I wanted to find that perfect romantic place to celebrate our 25th. Wedding Anniversary and our 50th. Birthdays.

Ramon's Village appeared to be exactly what we wanted....so we booked it and 4 months later we arrived on the beautiful island of Ambergris Caye.

We could not believe it.... within 15 minutes of landing at the airport.... we had been checked in ....and standing on the deck of our beachfront cabana....perched on top of the sand....the Caribbean Sea.... just steps from us.

WOW!....We are truly in paradise.... and it's ours for the next 2 wonderful weeks.

The cabana was 100% perfect..... Never.... had we vacationed anywhere and not changed our room.... Never!

No television.....again perfect!

Ramon's Village is not a concrete palace!....it's rustic beauty.... a tropical paradise!

This resort is laid back, quiet and very relaxed..... no stuffy dress code here.....no need to dress up....that is....if you don't want to.
They love you...just the way you are....it's all about you and you being comfortable.

The resort is always spotless and immaculate...thanks to the amazing grounds keepers and cleaning staff.

The resort is on a public beach.....anyone can sun bath there.....the lounge chairs are for Ramon's guests only....you can always find those perfect lounge chairs to soak up the sun and relax on.

The boy's from the bar are always making the rounds to ensure that you don't get dehydrated....a cold beverage is always around.

The Pineapples Restaurant is also open to the public....as is The Purple Parrot Bar.

The great security team are always in view....whatever the time of day or night....don't worry about a thing....we felt 100% safe all the time.

We have always traveled all inclusive in the past....so this vacation was different for us....
We decided to purchase the meal plan....This gave us 14 breakfast and 10 dinners each.....and we are thrilled we did.

Not only did we eat some of the very best food in Ambergris Caye....we got to know the staff and made some great friends in the process.

The food at the Pineapples Restaurant is first class all the way....The amazing Chefs truly love their jobs and take great pride in every meal they make....It shows in the taste as well as in the presentation....very meal was delicious!

The kitchen staff go out of their way to serve you....One night we arrived back to the resort unaware of the time....to find out that the dinning room was closed....we didn't have a problem with this.....we totally understood....they have a life outside of work too. When asked what we had wanted for dinner....a take-out order was quickly made for us.....talk about being totally spoiled and very well looked after.

The wait staff.... is top notch!
We could not have asked for a better group of guys that wanted to make every dining experience perfect and better than the last.
Joel, Steve, Vadel, Mark, Jack and the rest of the wait staff ....are the best at what they do.... and Ramon's Village is lucky to have such a great crew.

The Purple Parrot Bar...We went for refreshments.... but we left with friends.

We would have paid a cover charge....just to sit and take in the entertainment of these fantastic guy's.
Kareem, Alex, Ron and Oscar...are " bartenders extraordinaire! "
You will never get a more outstanding group of four.... Ramon's Village would not be the same without all of them.
These guys have the most outgoing, carefree spirits you will ever find.....They made every bar visit an experience.
Professional all the way.....with a love for what they do and the patiences of a saint when they needed it.....not all people are easy going tourists.
They always handled any "not so perfect".....situation with 100% professionalism and respect.....never losing their cool.

Kareem....has an extra special place in our hearts.....he and his family have become family to us.

Judy, Rick and the staff from the dive shop are awesome.....they have lots of secrets to share with you....they are so helpful. Book your tours from them and their team of experts....you will not be disappointed.

Carlo and Robert at the front desk will start and end you vacation with lots of T.L.C.
They are just wonderful guy's.

We know that a few of the management and staff names have been forgotten...but the jobs that they did...the service that they provided....the smiles on their faces will never...be forgotten...and we appreciate everything they did in making our vacation perfect!

We believe that everyone from Ramon's Village is always happy, smiling and truly loves working there because of one person....

The legendary Mr. Ramon.

Ramon is an extraordinary person, pure of heart, genuine and caring....a true ambassador for Belize.
The second day into our vacation we had the great fortune and pleasure to meet Ramon. Instantly we became like old friends....we shared great conversations, tons of laughs and even a few tears.
It was amazing to listen to him tell the stories of his travels, his accomplishments and even some of his misfortunes and disappointments along the journey of his much fulfilled life.
Having the opportunity to share some great times with Ramon and create lasting memories was extra special for us.
This man has done more in his life than most people could ever begin to think of doing.
Ramon truly loves people and it shows in everything he does.
For those of you that have had this opportunity.....of spending time with Ramon.... know exactly what we are talking about....a real honor.

4 days after saying good-bye to Ramon....we received our 1st. telephone call from him....it was a call of surprise, shock, disbelief and happiness.

....I was not just another lady to hug....and we had become more than just another couple to be made feel good.....We had truly become friends!

Ramon will always be part of our family and have a special place in our hearts.

We look forward to visiting with him and spending more great times with our new frends.

We have just experienced the very best vacation.....we have ever had....a trip of a lifetime....in so many ways!

....." At the Greatest and Happiest place to vacation.....Ramon's Village! "

Cheers :)
Steve & Nancy

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Grangeville, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Ramon's is the best beach hotel close to San Pedro town. You can walk to town in about 3 minutes but Ramons is so tropical you feel you are not even close to town. While it is the best hotel there and eco friendly I would definitely recommend they put in tv's. When it rained for 3 days straight, I was booorreeeddd. That is my ONLY recommendation. Ramon's staff (especially Jack) have very happy energetic attitudes and know everyone by name. If you don't require a tv, this is the place to stay. By the way, Ramone stops by just about everyday to talk or have lunch or dinner.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This was a wonderful resort to spend the end of our time in Belize. We didn't leave the resort much - we didn't have to! - so I can't speak to it being in a great location, but it seemed like it was. The food was really good, if a bit repetative, and relatively reasonably priced. The staff was really helpful and friendly and made a point of talking about American things. When we first arrived the A/C in our room was on the fritz and they immediately fixed it.

We took advantage of their dive shop and went on an outstanding snorkeling excursion. The spa was also great. Not a huge area, but nothing beats having a pedicure on the beach!

If I had to say something negative, it would be that the wifi was sporadic at best and not reliable. But I was on vacation so I took it as a hint that I should put my computer away!

If I ever make it back to Belize, I will definitely stay at Ramon's again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the little bungalows across the street and they were lovely, plenty quiet and very cute...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Cuenca, Ecuador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Didn't stay there but will on my next trip.We did however eat there and have the great pleasure of meeting Ramon himself.What a success story.The Village is beautifully done and has what I'd consider to be the best beach on the Caye.We had breakfast and lunch there on their open air deck with beautiful views.The food was excellent and reasonably priced.We also toured a room for a future visit and they are decorated very nicely.Minimal exposure to the staff but what dealings we did have were very pleasant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This was my first time to the island! Ramon's was the perfect location (centrally located), great amenities, food, gift shop, pool, air conditioned rooms and spa! Very quaint, a little outdated, but very well kept up. Friendly and helpful staff! They have their own dock with a buoyed off section of ocean for safe swimming. We were glad to meet Mr. Ramon's (Nunez) the owner. He was gracious and made sure we were happy with our stay! Great fun at Ramons village!

• Stayed February 2013
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Ramon's offers a full service beach that other resorts and hotels in San Pedro town do not offer. The location is very convenient if you want to walk to most anything. The dive center on premises offers convenient access to diving, snorkeling, and many other water activities and day trips. This was our third visit to Ambergris Caye, and we have always wanted to stay at Ramon's. We reserved six months in advance to guarantee our stay. Overall, we were quite happy there, though the beds were not the most comfortable and the bathroom was adequate. The restaurant food was acceptable, The separate beach bungalows were charming and the grounds make you feel like you are in a private tropical setting. I would recommend this resort to a friend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Ramon's Village Resort? Share your experiences!