“Enjoyable classic resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramon's Village Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Ramon's Village Resort
You added Ramon's Village Resort to your Saves list
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Coconut Drive, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize   |
Ranked #19 of 53 Hotels in San Pedro
Houston, Texas
“Enjoyable classic resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is the place where diving is learned and the menu is healthy. Wonderful resort with lovely accommodations. I suggest staying here or an affiliate resort and spa. A 5 out of 5 resort on an island is never over rated.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Weatherford, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

My husband and I had booked a private snorkel trip with another company, but were unable to go due to hurricane Ernesto on it's way. We decided to snorkel with Ramon's Dive Shop so that we could at least get one trip in before we had to leave. I am so glad we did!

Normally, they take multiple people out during their trips and they run twice a day for about 2 hours. We ended up being the only two out on this particular trip and it was fabulous! I am an inexperienced snorkler and our guide made me so comfortable! I was afraid of getting in the water at Shark Ray Alley, but within 15 minutes I was floating around enjoying the scenery. He took his time and pointed out and named all the fish and animals we saw in the reserve. All the staff was friendly and it was a great experience!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

The resort is literally walking distance from the small airport, although they will transport your luggage for you and will take you too ifyou like. All on golf carts. I had not been here before but other memberso fthe group have. Great place, great food, very kid friendly, nice staff. The beach and the pool (very nice) helped keep two active young children busy and satisfied. My only word of caution is that there was a big mix-up with what meals, if any, were included in the original price. We though breakfast was included for the adults, and found out later that was not the case, which changed the pricing considerably. We opted for the meal plan for lunch and dinner, which allowed a certain dollar figure for items on the menu and you could add extra items (not included) if you wishes. A modest lunch and very nice dinner with juice drink worked in the budget. Desert was extra but quite tasty, so it was worth it. We also had a room mix-up with the kids but it is not clear whether it was the travel agency or the resort who failed in the communication. It was a bit crowded but workable and we had a great vacation. The kids loved it, and that's what was important. Also good for diving, day trips to mainlan Mayan ruins, snorkeling.

Room Tip: All rooms are bungalow style, attactive in a rustic sort or way. Thatched "A frame" roofs...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I had a wonderful time at Ramon's Village. The staff was super friendly and efficient. I feel like Ramon is a long lost Uncle (tio) he made us feel very welcome. The Cleaning staff was always able to get every bit of sand that I dragged back to the room from the beach. Love the fact that each room has a fridge. The AC worked well even though all of the bungalows had thatched roofs.

The Dive shop staff was friendly. I especially the love Captain Edwin and Dive Master Palma on the MISS BELIZE (boat). They always helped me with my gear.

Alex and Ron at the Bar kept our glasses filled (virgin of course).

The only complaint I have is with the owner (AMERICAN INVESTOR). He does not allow any of the local music to be played. It is shame that a group of almost 40 black divers could not even hear any of the local black music, PUNTA. As with every genre of music there are family friendly versions of songs that can be played.

Room Tip: Make sure you get an ocean view or beach front room they are farther away from the road.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We were referred to Ramon's Dive Shop through a homeowner in San Pedro and unfortunately I was less than satisfied. I had not been on a dive in over 2 years; and the first thing that the dive shop said to me was grab a BCD and put your gear together. I thought I was going to have an anxiety attack. I needed at least a little reassurance that these people cared about me and my life; but apparently they automatically assumed everyone on board was an experienced diver. I understand that if you are experienced this probably is a normal situation and you don't want to be babied...but they at least need to take the time to be personable enough to know what experience levels they have on board. In addition, our dive to Hol Chan (which was amazing the previous year with another dive shop) was horrible and disappointing because the dive master simply went straight through the cut without stopping to show us anything or allowing us time to explore our surroundings. We opted to dive with another outfit the next dive and it was 100% better. I would not recommend any amateur diver to use Ramon's.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
San Rafael, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

My friend and I spent 5 nights at Ramon's in July. We did a lot of research and were more than satisfied with our experience. Check in was easy. We were given a seaside room that had a partial ocean view. The outside of the bldg. was unique and the room was well equipped with a nice king bed, beautiful h/w floors, decent sized bathroom and a porch with 2 chairs. It's not 5 star but if you are traveling in Belize you should know it's a more adventurous vacation to begin with.
The common facilities were in great shape & immaculate. The grounds were stunning. Breakfast each morning was delicious and the service was great. Nice strong coffee. Delicious fresh & local fruit. Fantastic views of the ocean.
We did not use the dive shop but the guys who work breakfast and man the bar gave some of the best advice about local food and things to do.
I had a pedicure on the beach and it was lovely.
The beach was one of the nicest in the area and towels & chairs were readily available each day. We rented a golf cart only on days we wanted to visit the north side of the island - everyone must hit up palapa bar.
One testament to the customer service at Ramon's was that on our last night we had a baby lizard in our room on the ceiling. We made a call to the front desk and we were moved immediately to another room.
I would absolutely recommend Ramon's to anyone who likes to experience a little bit of rustic accomodations with excellent service, food and amenities. Rustic is not code for "dirty". It's an adjective to describe what I think is a good balance in travel accomodations.

Room Tip: Order a happy hour cocktail and lounge in the pool or read your book under the big palapa at sunset.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We didn't stay at Ramon's, but we were next door and our family group of ten ate most of our meals there.

The service is cordial and efficient, there is a large selection of menu choices for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and prices are reasonable.

Señor Ramon Nuñez (the namesake of the hotel) is the consummate host. Even though we weren't hotel guests, he spent a lot of time at our table making us feel welcome and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ramon's Village Resort? Share your experiences!