I would start by saying this is not my first choice. We were relocated to this hotel bcos the hotel I booked did not open as scheduled and the management basically chose not to inform us (even I wrote to confirm a week or two before flying). And, do not book airport transfer if you stayed around the area, taxi fare was USD$5 oneway while hotel charged USD$25. To add insult injury, the original hotel I booked (sands villas, next door) told me to grab the taxi at the airport and have front desk paid for the cab ( which of course, I ended up double pay and who is going to fight for the $5.). So, the room, when we arrived, hotel room not ready. Kitche was dirty, I wouldn't use the oven, the bed sheets had stains (were white). No wifi in the room only lobby. The girl in the lobby didn't know the password and not familiar with the concept of wifi password. Pain in the neck to get connected. The hotel looks reasonably maintained outside but the furniture are dated and rust in the bathroom, smell funny (the towels seemed to smell chlorine. ) The room had two beds, beach front, but no chairs. House keeping is every few days. The second time, they came in, put new bed sheets, covers, and cleaned the room, the room then looked much more comfortable or clean (even folded our messy clothes). If only they have done that on the first day, experience would have been very different. Now, I think the staff in general are very friendly, in facts, I think belizeans are friendly in general. The walking distance to the town is short, so I would say that is a big plus. We rented golf cart once, roads are bumpy. Restaurant was new, some dishes are better than others. Chef is friendly.
I don't know if I have overpaid, I was paying for a room but brand new but I got a dated one bedroom. But, I think it is cheaper around here than the southern end.
- Also Known As:
- Belize Yacht Club Hotel San Pedro
- Belize Yacht Club Hotel
- Belize Yacht Hotel
- Hotel Belize Yacht
- Belize Yacht Club San Pedro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering a luxury group of accommodations and amenities to those who enjoy attention to detail, friendly first class service and quick access to all your activities and needs.For an unparalleled vacation on Ambergris Caye, Belize, Island Club Resorts is sure to impress. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Tingo and Travelocity so you can book your Belize Yacht Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.