This hotel was perfect for our needs as we were only staying on the island for a few days. Upon arrival we received a free rum punch from the bar and they arranged a last minute snorkeling trip for us as well. The hotel's beachfront is great for a little dip in the water, although there is quite a bit of sea grass so you really can't do much swimming. The rooms were nicely equipped with a mini fridge and an a/c that pumped out freezing cold air (great after spending the day in the heat!) We booked a room with a balcony, which was worth the extra cost because the nights get cool enough to sit outside and enjoy the ocean breeze. The only negative about this hotel is the location. It's about a 15 minute walk into the main town area of San Pedro, however the hotel can arrange transportation to and from the water taxi if needed.
*Tip - try the Hidden Treasure restaurant just a few minutes walk away. Delicious!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate beachfront hotel providing personalized service in a casual atmosphere. Located one mile south of San Pedro on a beautiful sandy beach. All rooms and Jr. Suites have ocean views, A/C, cable TV, mini-fridges, coffeemakers, hair dryers, safes. Some rooms have kitchenettes. Complimentary continental breakfast, daytime use of bicycles, and taxi transfer upon arrival/departure are included in room rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Mata Rocks Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mata Rocks Hotel San Pedro
- Mata Rocks San Pedro
- Mata Rocks Resort Belize/San Pedro