Tha Mata Rocks was a very pleasant surprise - not only was it available on short notice, but it was situated between two, more expensive and larger, more crowded buildings that had much less of an ocean view or accessibility.
Mata Rocks is more like a family guest house than hotel.
It is beautifully maintained, someone is forever cleaning the little waterfall feature near the pool, raking the sand by the outside bar, sweeping away the rain water from the patio.
Included is pick up from the boat and continental breakfast.
Staff is very helpful - will arrange scuba, snorkeling, etc, or land trips to Mayan ruins, as well as make reservations for dinner - without being intrusive.
There is no restaurant as part of the hotel, which makes it more quiet and private.
The bar is on the beach, next to hammocks, beach chairs and loungers; sometimes the bar tender is also the "concierge" and they remember each guest and where they ate the night before or where they spent the previous day, always asking for feedback.
This was a real spot for a retful (or active) vacation, depending on the preference of the guest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate beachfront hotel providing personalized service in a casual atmosphere. Located one mile south of San Pedro on a beautiful sandy beach. All rooms and Jr. Suites have ocean views, A/C, cable TV, mini-fridges, coffeemakers, hair dryers, safes. Some rooms have kitchenettes. Complimentary continental breakfast, daytime use of bicycles, and taxi transfer upon arrival/departure are included in room rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Mata Rocks Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mata Rocks Hotel San Pedro
- Mata Rocks San Pedro
- Mata Rocks Resort Belize/San Pedro