I stayed at Mata Rocks at the end of the slow season/start of the busy season. I searched and searched not knowing anything about the town. It was for our honeymoon and they only had the balcony room available for part of our stay so we stayed poolside. They did not offer to upgrade at any point. The prior visitors took the keys with them so Mata Rocks had to go have another key made so we couldn't leave our room for about an hour. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. We had ants, but i don't think that is unusual. I was prepared with bug spray. The rooms was on the south end about a half an hour walk from town, in fact there is not much around the hotel, so plan on walking (with a flash light after dark) or biking, however the bikes have to be in by 5:30. The bikes were a nice perk from the hotel. You can also rent a golf cart about $65 for 24 hours. In the US we think of a resort as big with alot of amentities. The Mata reminded me of a Ramada Inn type hotel in the states. There are other hotels that are still out of the main stream but closer to town.
We usually don't have housekeeping services everyday so when we let them know we didn't want any they did it anyway once. They also totally opened the blinds so our room was wide open for everyone in the pool area to view inside our room. That was a little embarrassing. Lesson learned a) even if you don't want room service you might get it and b) don't leave your bra lying on the bed for the world to see.
We stayed 7 nights and the price was right. Wireless was spotty but worked 90% of the time, which was nice. The staff didn't seem overly friendly. If you asked for something you got it, but they didn't seem to say hello or good morning, but others on the island were alwasys pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate beachfront hotel providing personalized service in a casual atmosphere. Located one mile south of San Pedro on a beautiful sandy beach. All rooms and Jr. Suites have ocean views, A/C, cable TV, mini-fridges, coffeemakers, hair dryers, safes. Some rooms have kitchenettes. Complimentary continental breakfast, daytime use of bicycles, and taxi transfer upon arrival/departure are included in room rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Odigeo, Otel, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your Mata Rocks Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mata Rocks Hotel San Pedro
- Mata Rocks San Pedro
- Mata Rocks Resort Belize/San Pedro