This place is awesome. period. after spending four nights in western Belize, the next four nights were spent on San Pedro island at the Mata Rocks resort. We were upgraded to suite #2, which was gorgeous with an awesome balcony overlooking the ocean. The resort grounds were immaculate, it has a great palapa bar where it's nice to chat with the other visitors, the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, and they make things very easy for you once your there. you want to snorkel at shark ray alley? no problem, just walk down to the bar, let them know what time you want to go, and then a boat will come and pick you up right at their dock. you want to rent a golf cart, they'll have one delivered for you. you want food delivered, they've got all the local menus. it's on an quiet section of the island and you can walk either by beach or street into San Pedro. We walked around that island every day and every night, drinking belikins and taking in the local cuisine. Mata Rocks was an incredible home base, and I will stay there again when we make it back to Belize. definitely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate beachfront hotel providing personalized service in a casual atmosphere. Located one mile south of San Pedro on a beautiful sandy beach. All rooms and Jr. Suites have ocean views, A/C, cable TV, mini-fridges, coffeemakers, hair dryers, safes. Some rooms have kitchenettes. Complimentary continental breakfast, daytime use of bicycles, and taxi transfer upon arrival/departure are included in room rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mata Rocks Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mata Rocks Hotel San Pedro
- Mata Rocks San Pedro
- Mata Rocks Resort Belize/San Pedro