“Central, clean, great deal” 4 of 5 stars

Spindrift Resort Hotel
Beachfront, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize   |
Ranked #41 of 55 hotels in San Pedro
New York City, New York
“Central, clean, great deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I have stayed here off and on for years. It's right in the middle of town, close to everything you want to be close to and has a great bar downstairs, Wahoo's Lounge. Home of the famous chicken drop! A must see when you're there. The staff is friendly and the place is clean. It isn't the fanciest, but I promise you'll never be in the room anyway. But it's perfect for sleeping and showering...all you'll need. The side of the hotel closest to the park can get a bit loud, but just have a few belekins and you'll be out like a light.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

The establishment is clean well situated and the staff is absolutely adorable and helpfull.

Room Tip: Choose the room with ac
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Cambodia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

We stayed at the spindrift hotel for an initial 5 nights and really enjoyed the hotel so added on an extra nights stay. Our first impressions were the hotel was clean, right in the centre of San Pedro and all staff were very friendy and helpful. We enjoyed our time at Spindrift, although it was a little noisy, but you are in the middle of town. However our opinions of the hotel have now changed as on the last night when returning to our room we noticed that both my husband and I had money stolen.
The room did not have a safe so we tried to hide some English money that we had been given as a gift as best we could. Mine was stuffed in the bottom of my travel bag, under some clothes, hidden in a hat then in an envelope. I checked and counted the money most nights as I had noticed one evening that my bag had been opened. It was only on the last night that £15 out of the £110 I had was missing. My husband also had £20 taken out of £220, but he had not checked his wallet before getting to the hotel (like me) so it is not a given that money was taken at Spindrift

.I reported the money missing the next day to reception who advised me they would tell the manager the next day and I would be contacted. It is now 2 days later and I have had no contact from the manager after sending 2 emails and the receptionist promising I would be contacted. Instead of any contact before we left I was comfronted by the 3 cleaning staff as they heard the money was missing, this was very uncomftable as I had not made any assumptions or suggestions who had taken the money.
I still wait to hear from the manager but will hold my breath. The amount taken was a small amount and I appreciate we did not have the money in a safe but there was not one in the room. Whoever took the money would have had to really rummage around as both amounts were hidden out of view and the doors and windows were locked at all times.
Make your own mind up about this hotel as up until the money incident I had really enjoyed myself. As I said staff were great, bar was fun and its very central. Personally it's just not worth the risk though of loosing money or other items but it's up to you. If it's happened once it can happen again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

I simply LOVE the Spindrift Hotel! Its is in the heart of San Pedro..This hotel is squeaky clean, and the staff are wonderful!!!! Downstairs is the famous Wahoo Lounge with the popular Chicken Drop!!! And Coconut Leo usually shows up to show his expertise of climbing coconut trees....(think gymnastics).. Hoping to bring my Grandson's there in the future...The views are spectacular from either the ocean side rooms or the common verandahs..Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Any room is good .If you take an ocean view you can watch the hub bub from your balcony..If you tak...
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

The Spindrift was a great place to stay, in the center of San Pedro and right on the beach! It had been recommended to me by a friend and I was very happy with my stay there. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Two of the three nights I stayed there was music playing into the early hours - but that's all part of the ambience! If you want a quiet, secluded beachfront stay, then you may need to look elsewhere, but if you like being close to the center of things, look no further.

Room Tip: Watch the sun rise over the Caribbean Sea from a beachfront room!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011 via mobile

My boyfriend and our friend and I shared a room for 2 nights at the end of our vacation. It came with a balcony, 2 beds, bathroom, tv and ice tray. It was all we needed to make a great stay.

There is an area to lay out with big soft chairs overlooking the water and the bar downstairs offers $3 us drafts. They also host the patented chicken drop.

It was right in the middle of the town and close to all the bars. From the air strip it is about a 10 minute walk and to get to the more resorty part of the island about a 20 minute walk.

• Stayed November 2011
Sierra Nevada CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

Nice staff, clean room and good restaurant downstairs doesn't make up for assuring me that it was ok to leave my sliding door open for the breeze. They came in my room while I was sleeping stealing passport, computer, phone and all my money. Do not rely on the security - they only watch the inside courtyard.

Been to Spindrift Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!