My husband and I spent 2 weeks at the Matachica Beach Resort for our Honeymoon in December.
We couldn’t have asked for a better honeymoon. Everything was wonderful!
The staff were Amazing and extremely accommodating in addition to being very personable. They worked very hard to make sure we had a wonderful honeymoon and after spending 2 full weeks with them they felt like family! Thank you again to Myra, Abbey, Isadora, Ishmael, Ossie and the others that made our stay so amazing.
Matachica is home to a restaurant called Mambo. As part of the honeymoon package, we ate breakfast and dinner there daily and never got tired of it. The food is Amazing. Try the chocolate chip and banana pancakes for breakfast and you can’t go wrong with any of the selections on the dinner menu.
The Casitas/Villas are cute, clean, comfortable and spacious. We were upgraded to an beachfront villa for part of our stay both casitas were perfect.
You can do as many activities or as few activities as you would like. We loved having the option to simply lounge on the beach, read and relax or to take the kayaks out to snorkel at the reef or participate in a previously scheduled tour (Snorkeling at Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley and Mayan Ruins Tour). No matter what it was we needed, there was always a staff member there to help us figure it out.
Overall, we got exactly what we wanted and couldn’t have asked for more. We will definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matachica Beach Resort is an extraordinary, secluded and peaceful resort that sits on the beach facing the Caribbean Sea and the second largest barrier reef on the planet earth. The resort has 25 single unit casitas, each air conditioned with private porch. All rooms except SeaView Cabanas have one king sized bed, SeaView Cabanas have two queens. We also have one two-bedroomm 2-bathroom luxury villa. All with beautiful linens, exquisite decor. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, small gym, sea kayaks, snorkel gear, pedal boats, paddle boards, bicycles, complimentary internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, MrandMrsSmith and Hotels.com so you can book your Matachica Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matachica Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Matachica Beach San Pedro
- Matachica Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro