Very good experience with this resort. Staff is excellent, Oswalt, Ishmael, Dennis, Rueben, Chris, Charles, and all others as well made stay great. Very good attention to detail: the maid staff places flowers in the room each day. The grounds are scrupulously cleaned and the food is quite good.
The beach has no surf due to the reef, and water is quite shallow but is nice to take a dip. Out from the resort is a buoy to which you can kayak and do some snorkeling to check out the reef on your own. Neigboring properties not well maintained by their owners allows debris to accumulate which is unfortunate, but is apparently being dealt with.
As an aside, make sure you buy some strong bug spray as ssand flies are aggressive and present on all but the windiest days.
This resort is not designed for activities, but is great place to recharge and rest in the sun.
- Also Known As:
- Matachica Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Matachica Beach Hotel
- Matachica Beach San Pedro
- Matachica Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matachica Beach Resort is an extraordinary, secluded and peaceful resort that sits on the beach facing the Caribbean Sea and the second largest barrier reef on the planet earth. The resort has 25 single unit casitas, each air conditioned with private porch. All rooms except SeaView Cabanas have one king sized bed, SeaView Cabanas have two queens. We also have one two-bedroomm 2-bathroom luxury villa. All with beautiful linens, exquisite decor. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, small gym, sea kayaks, snorkel gear, pedal boats, paddle boards, bicycles, complimentary internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Matachica Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.