This hotel exceeded my expectations. After having spent time at some phenomenal and high rated hotels around the world, we've come to set the bar high, everywhere we go. So lets talk about Matachica. What is there left to say?! The previously posted reviews say it all. But, as a good Tripadvisor reviewer I will take this opportunity to add my 2 or 3 cents. Matachica is set on a decent size property with it's own stretch of fine sand beach. A nice, well maintained dock, sits directly across from the bar area. They have 3 or 4 boats which they use to shuttle the hotel guests to and from the main area of San Pedro. The boats run several times a day, just check the schedule at the front desk. Oh and while I'm on the topic, the front desk staff is great. All of the front desk workers are extremely kind and helpful whenever you have a question or request. You need a golf cart rental in San Pedro? No problem. As in our case, the owner of the golf cart company met us at Fido's Dock once we arrived from our complimentary Matachica shuttle boat ride into town. He handed us the keys to our very own rental golf cart. That was all handled by the front desk. $55 for the entire day rental - 8 hours I believe it was. You'd like to scuba dive? Also scheduled by the front desk. I must say they truly display exemplary customer service. The guys that work the grounds are very nice, always looking to say hello as you walk by. Special hello to Gio, Henry, Israel, Raymundo, Myra and Jonathan. The waiters and waitresses are also great. Also greeting you with a smile and a warm hello. I've said it before, Island charm with city professionalism. They have it all at Matachica. Its a decent sized property but somehow most of the staff members find a way to greet you by name. Or at least they always greeted me by name. Made me feel really special. You almost feel a sense of community at this hotel. The food at Matachica's Mambo Restaurant is top notch. Not one bad meal in the 7 days that I spent there. The chef was sent down from heaven it seems. Such a cool place. I definitely can say that this is among my top 5 favorite places in the world. Within that list of course is Villas Hermosas, in Santa Teresa Costa Rica. Please do yourself a favor and spend a couple of days at Matachica. You won't regret it. Immaculate property, excellent service and genuine staff. You will not need or want anything else......ENJOY BELIZE!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matachica Beach Resort is an extraordinary, secluded and peaceful resort that sits on the beach facing the Caribbean Sea and the second largest barrier reef on the planet earth. The resort has 25 single unit casitas, each air conditioned with private porch. All rooms except SeaView Cabanas have one king sized bed, SeaView Cabanas have two queens. We also have one two-bedroomm 2-bathroom luxury villa. All with beautiful linens, exquisite decor. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, small gym, sea kayaks, snorkel gear, pedal boats, paddle boards, bicycles, complimentary internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo and Expedia so you can book your Matachica Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matachica Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Matachica Beach San Pedro
- Matachica Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro