Having stayed at numerous locations throughout the Caribbean I can say without reservation that Matachica is the most outstanding resort I have encountered.
Starting with the property itself. The grounds are well maintained constantly throughout the day. Even though we arrives one day after a tropical storm the grounds were largely clear of debris - cleaner than most of the beaches we have visited without storms.
The cabanas are immaculate, and the main lodge is exquisite. Attention to detail is evident through out, with original paintings and sculptures highlighted in public and private areas. Furnishings are comfortable, although the beds are a bit too soft for me personally (my wife did not think this was true - a long standing battle between us!).
As a pleasant aside, the music selections were spot on throughout the day. None of the typical Caribbean Bob Marley covers or steel drums. Actual international music, always appropriate for the time of day.
The food was top shelf, as evidenced by the crowds at dinner, mainly from other hotels and resorts. However, guests of the hotel do it need to make reservations. I never saw a guest of the hotel wait for a table.
Every member of the staff was attentive without being over bearing. In short order they remembered our room and preferences for both food an drinks. Their recommendations always seemed accurate. At the same time they were realistic without over promising. Off resort excursions and activities aligned closely with their descriptions.
Although far from the least expensive Caribbean stay I have had I found the money to be well spent. We will definitely be staying at Matachica again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matachica Beach Resort is an extraordinary, secluded and peaceful resort that sits on the beach facing the Caribbean Sea and the second largest barrier reef on the planet earth. The resort has 25 single unit casitas, each air conditioned with private porch. All rooms except SeaView Cabanas have one king sized bed, SeaView Cabanas have two queens. We also have one two-bedroomm 2-bathroom luxury villa. All with beautiful linens, exquisite decor. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, small gym, sea kayaks, snorkel gear, pedal boats, paddle boards, bicycles, complimentary internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Matachica Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matachica Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Matachica Beach San Pedro
- Matachica Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro