We visited Belize for the first time last summer (Aug 12) and knew only what guide books and the internet could tell us. We chose to go the the jungle (Table Rock Lodge) and see the forest, waterfalls and adventure in ruins and caves and then to relax at the beach. We saw Matachica's web site and liked the looks of the place...nice photos, the lay out looked intimate and lovely.
I can say 100% that we made the correct decision in Matachica! It was an amazing place to spend a week of relaxation in paradise.
The staff picked us up at the airport and pour first view of the place off of the dock was happiness. The casitas are very cute. Each is a different color on the outside and named after fruit (ours was lychee). The are separate enough to feel intimate and each have a nice little porch and hammock. The grounds were well maintained and lovely, many flowers. Inside the casita was well designed for the beach with tile floors and light and airy. The bed was super comfortable and with premium yummy linens. The bathroom was large and had a great shower area big enough for 2. I would have been happy just staying in often though really it was too lovely outside to be in.
The pool was warm and had a view of the ocean. It was very quiet there, it being a small and luxurious resort. The staff was always around to offer cocktails or water, whatever you needed. It felt like there were more staff than guests actually which made us feel pampered.
The beach was raked free of beach grass each day, though most of the beaches have grass in the shallows which is odd to walk through but part of the area so no big deal. The view was spectacularly turquoise. So peaceful and lovely.
Food was good and we felt utterly relaxed and at home. They even prepared for me plain rice and toast (not really on the menu) when i was ill for a day and gave us a thermometer. All in all great service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matachica Beach Resort is an extraordinary, secluded and peaceful resort that sits on the beach facing the Caribbean Sea and the second largest barrier reef on the planet earth. The resort has 25 single unit casitas, each air conditioned with private porch. All rooms except SeaView Cabanas have one king sized bed, SeaView Cabanas have two queens. We also have one two-bedroomm 2-bathroom luxury villa. All with beautiful linens, exquisite decor. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, small gym, sea kayaks, snorkel gear, pedal boats, paddle boards, bicycles, complimentary internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo and Expedia so you can book your Matachica Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matachica Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Matachica Beach San Pedro
- Matachica Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro