we had a great stay here! we were actually happy that we did not stay in the city because the hotels that in the city do not have as much space and aren't on a beautiful stretch of land like matachica is. It takes about 15-20 min to get to matachica from the center of san pedro, which isn't bad. we both agreed we liked being on a more remote part of the island. we took bikes into town on 2 occasions, which was an adventure. the ride on the beach is hard where the sand is soft, and the road is pretty bumpy, but it was fun to do either way.
the resort: the beach had sea grass.so there were only small sections that we could sit in. the reef was only a 10 min kayak trip out and we saw stingrays and fish. our room was nice. the air conditioning didnt work that well, but we dealt with it. the wifi is very spotty and does not work often. if you are staying in a room away from the main lobby it will not work in your room. the size of the resort (20 rooms) makes you bond with the people staying there, which was nice. you tend to talk to people more there because you see them around all the time!
food was good. we wished that they had a variety for the continental breakfast rather than the same two options each morning. only had dinner there one night and my fish was good, my husbands ravioli wasn't. drinks were good.
excursions: we just did hol chan/shark ray alley through the hotel. it was awesome! do it through the hotel to avoid the hassle of going into town and to avoid big groups. we enjoyed kayaking, laying on the beach,and paddleboarding. other people said they liked the ATM ruins, but that is a whole day thing.blue hole is super expensive.
overall we loved it. although you are far from town we feel that it is worth it! we would totally stay there again!
- Also Known As:
- Matachica Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Matachica Beach Hotel
- Matachica Beach San Pedro
- Matachica Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matachica Beach Resort is an extraordinary, secluded and peaceful resort that sits on the beach facing the Caribbean Sea and the second largest barrier reef on the planet earth. The resort has 25 single unit casitas, each air conditioned with private porch. All rooms except SeaView Cabanas have one king sized bed, SeaView Cabanas have two queens. We also have one two-bedroomm 2-bathroom luxury villa. All with beautiful linens, exquisite decor. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, small gym, sea kayaks, snorkel gear, pedal boats, paddle boards, bicycles, complimentary internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Matachica Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.