We just returned from a 6 night/7 day stay at Matachica and it's all true...it's beautiful, amazing and it definitely has that WOW factor. San Pedro is a bustling town but once you get on the Matachica water taxi, it's like you are stepping into another world. The guys are great and always smiling, eager to help...but, that's really how everyone is at Matachica. Once you arrive, you are greeted and escorted in to the resort...there, cold towels and a beverage are waiting especially for you. The casitas are amazing...every one of them! We were in a seabreeze suite and it was quite spacious. Maybe it wasn't overlooking the beach and the water, but that didn't take away from the beauty. The beach is only steps away and the infinity pool is even closer. The service is awesome!! Anything you need, all you have to do is ask. Hubby needed aloe gel for his sunburn and the Matachica staff made sure he got it....even going into San Pedro to get it for us. They even come in twice a day to service the room and give you fresh towels and cold ice water. The food is terrific! You get complimentary breakfast, and it's truly filling. You have choices, so don't worry about getting bored with it. And, if you don't want the complimentary breakfast, you can purchase other plates. All yummy!! Lunch and dinner are extraordinary! The key lime pie is to die for!! If you want, there are other places nearby to eat that are pretty good, too. And, you can always take a water taxi into town if you want to mix in with the locals. Matachica does provide water taxi's....just check with them to see what times are available. There's lots to do and you don't have to go no further than the beach. They provide kayaks, paddle boats, snorkel gear, bicycles, etc. And, you can also plan excursions through the front desk. We did a mayan ruin and cave tubing excursion and Matachica handled all the details.....we were extremely happy with our private guide.
Just make sure you take bug spray! Take bug spray! You'll definitely need it between 6:30 - 7:30 pm.
Matachica is well worth the money and we'd definitely go again and again!!!!!
Thank you for an awesome honeymoon that we'll always remember!!!
Nora & Eric Gilbert
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matachica Beach Resort is an extraordinary, secluded and peaceful resort that sits on the beach facing the Caribbean Sea and the second largest barrier reef on the planet earth. The resort has 25 single unit casitas, each air conditioned with private porch. All rooms except SeaView Cabanas have one king sized bed, SeaView Cabanas have two queens. We also have one two-bedroomm 2-bathroom luxury villa. All with beautiful linens, exquisite decor. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, spa, small gym, sea kayaks, snorkel gear, pedal boats, paddle boards, bicycles, complimentary internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, MrandMrsSmith and Despegar.com so you can book your Matachica Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matachica Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Matachica Beach San Pedro
- Matachica Beach Resort Belize/San Pedro