We stayed at Victoria House 01-04 Mar 2013. The hotel/resort is beautiful. The grounds are immaculate and the hibiscus bushes were all in bloom. Beautiful white sand beach, however, you can't swim there as the water is very shallow and there is a lot of sea grass. There is a very small cordoned off area at the end of the pier that does provide a small space to swim, but if you plan to swim, use one of three or four pools on the grounds or plan on taking a snorkel or dive trip that can be arranged through the front desk or at the small dive shop on the pier.
I'm not a big food person, but I thought the food was fine, nothing real notable. I was a bit disappointed in getting into and out of town. The hotel is about 1.5 miles from San Pedro and you can ride a bike compliments of the hotel, use the hotel shuttle that runs every two hours or you can rent a golf cart from the hotel for $28/hr! The shuttle takes you into town, but you have to arrange for transport back, which is about $6 from a taxi, or you can walk back. If you do walk back, find your way to the beach and walk back along the beach. You'll see some beautiful properties that you won't see from the street. It is an easy walk back. You might also shop around town for cheaper golf carts (the main means of transport in San Pedro). I understand you can rent one for much less than the hotel charges.
It's worth finding your way into town to see the various crafts, etc. We wished we could have been able to get into and back from town more often to enjoy some of the other restaurants. Because it is a bit inconvenient to get back and forth we felt some what "captive" at the hotel, but what a great place to be "stuck"!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Victoria House, the order of the day is quite simply relaxation… Located on Ambergris Caye, the largest of the many offshore Belizean Islands, Victoria House is just 2 miles south of picturesque San Pedro Town. The resort offers a taste of barefoot elegance that keeps guests coming back for more. With just 42 guest rooms ranging in style from thatch roof casitas to beachfront villas with private pools, plantation style rooms and stunning ocean view villas, the only challenge is making the choice of where to hang your swimsuit at night. The Palmilla Restaurant and Admiral Nelsons Bar are renowned for fine food and drink complimented by extraordinary, personalized service. Attention to detail by staff and management alike has garnered accolades from international media and awards from prestigious organizations such as Conde Nast Traveler, Conde Nast Johansens and Trip Advisor. Even more telling is the number of guests who chose to make Victoria House their destination of choice, year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Victoria House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria House Hotel San Pedro
- Victoria Hotel San Pedro
- Victoria House Belize/San Pedro
- Victoria San Pedro