If you prefer a low key, small resort with fantastic service, then you might consider Victoria House. From the minute they retrieve you from the airport in a golf cart until you leave, the experience is nothing short of wonderful. The staff is dedicated to making this a no stress vacation. The activities shop on the pier is competent and it really takes very little lead time to schedule fishing, diving, birding or snorkeling which is great if you are not a "plan ahead" kind of vacationer. The food is great but we never made it to the restaurant--we either went to the bar or had the food delivered to our house. We stayed in the Casa Playa Blanca villa which is beachfront with a pool. Since the beaches are beautiful--they rake them everyday--the water is shallow and not really swimable. So, having a pool and being able to look out on the turquoise water and white sand is really nice. A really nice feature is having dinner on the beach. The trade winds keep the temperatures pleasant but bring bug spray for mosquitoes. San Pedro is about a mile from the resort and a funky little town with lots of good restaurants. Every member of the staff takes an interest in your well-being and makes the experience wonderful. Victoria House is truly a five star property when it comes to service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Victoria House, the order of the day is quite simply relaxation… Located on Ambergris Caye, the largest of the many offshore Belizean Islands, Victoria House is just 2 miles south of picturesque San Pedro Town. The resort offers a taste of barefoot elegance that keeps guests coming back for more. With just 42 guest rooms ranging in style from thatch roof casitas to beachfront villas with private pools, plantation style rooms and stunning ocean view villas, the only challenge is making the choice of where to hang your swimsuit at night. The Palmilla Restaurant and Admiral Nelsons Bar are renowned for fine food and drink complimented by extraordinary, personalized service. Attention to detail by staff and management alike has garnered accolades from international media and awards from prestigious organizations such as Conde Nast Traveler, Conde Nast Johansens and Trip Advisor. Even more telling is the number of guests who chose to make Victoria House their destination of choice, year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Victoria House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria House Hotel San Pedro
- Victoria Hotel San Pedro
- Victoria House Belize/San Pedro
- Victoria San Pedro