This was our fourth trip to Belize and our fourth stay at the Victoria House. The service was as great as ever! From our sweet housekeeper (I wish I had asked her name), to Marlon (who is always smiling...even when it is raining and he is quickly moving cushions to a dry area), to the bar staff and servers (Tony, Justin, Gina, and Roxy, just to name a few), to the front desk folks, to Luis (who arranged a fun morning fishing trip for us with Roberto Bradley), to many others whose names have slipped my memory, once again we did not encounter an unfriendly face. From the moment Marlon picked us up until the moment we left, we felt right at home. The kind, welcoming, and helpful staff is one of the main reasons we continue to return.
Another main reason we continue to return is the FOOD! We love the lobster ceviche, so we were glad that this trip was during lobster season. We also enjoyed the lobster tacos, snapper tacos, lobster quesadillas, and the club sandwich (just to name a few) for lunch. We also enjoyed having dinner a couple of nights. Our meals were excellent, as always, and the wine selection is great for such a small island!
We enjoy staying in a casita, and over the years, we have decided that casita number 1 is our favorite. When we first stayed there in 2005, we thought the noise from the pool area and dining area would bother us, but it has never been a problem. We love its location and are pleased that we have been placed there several times.
We look forward to our trip to Belize next year (if not before!), which will hopefull include some time at this wonderful place in San Pedro! Thanks for another wonderful stay!
- Also Known As:
- Victoria House Hotel
- Victoria House Hotel San Pedro
- Victoria Hotel San Pedro
- Victoria House Belize
- Victoria San Pedro
- Victoria House Belize/San Pedro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Victoria House, the order of the day is quite simply relaxation… Located on Ambergris Caye, the largest of the many offshore Belizean Islands, Victoria House is just 2 miles south of picturesque San Pedro Town. The resort offers a taste of barefoot elegance that keeps guests coming back for more. With just 42 guest rooms ranging in style from thatch roof casitas to beachfront villas with private pools, plantation style rooms and stunning ocean view villas, the only challenge is making the choice of where to hang your swimsuit at night. The Palmilla Restaurant and Admiral Nelsons Bar are renowned for fine food and drink complimented by extraordinary, personalized service. Attention to detail by staff and management alike has garnered accolades from international media and awards from prestigious organizations such as Conde Nast Traveler, Conde Nast Johansens and Trip Advisor. Even more telling is the number of guests who chose to make Victoria House their destination of choice, year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and HotelsClick so you can book your Victoria House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.