My friend and I just spent 4 nights at the Sunbreeze Hotel in San Pedro. For the most part, we had a wonderful time there -- the rooms were spacious and clean; the pool was nice; the hotel was in a great location; and the dive shop was very helpful and courteous.
On the morning we checked out however, we ran into some major problems that would make me think twice about returning to the hotel. Upon checkout, housekeeping checks each guest's room to do an inventory of hotel belongings. We were told that we had taken the plastic "Please do not disturb" sign from the room, and would be charged for it. In actuality, we never had a "do not disturb" sign to begin with -- and even if we did, stealing this plastic sign would be the last thing that would ever cross our minds.
We were held up for 30 minutes as the hotel manager accused us of stealing the sign. The head of housekeeping was called down and blatantly lied to our faces when she told the manager, "I personally checked to see if they had a "do not disturb" sign in their room the day they checked in to the hotel." After 30 minutes of arguing, we were finally given back our credit card slip (that was given upon check-in for any incidentals) without any additional charges.
While being charged for some sign is not such a big deal -- the problem is that the hotel can claim to have given you a number of items in the room -- but if you don't know what is supposed to be in the room upon check-in, you can't perform your own little "inventory" of items. Needless to say, it left a very bad taste in our mouths after an overall enjoyable stay in Belize.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SunBreeze Hotel is located on Ambergris Caye, Belize, in a U Shaped Spanish Architectural design, full service Belize resort with flavors of the Caribbean surrounded by tropical gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea, centrally located at the immediate south side of the heart of San Pedro Town with easy access to every means of entertainment and water sport activity; yet out of the hustle of the town. A seafront property protected by a seawall boasting 43 spacious air conditioned rooms of three categories, an onsite open air seafront restaurant & bar adjacent to the freshwater pool surrounded by a 10ft of wooden deck, sun beds, chairs, massage studio, spa services, sauna, art gallery with Caribbean Paintings, a 1500 sq ft multi purpose meeting room, sea-front hammock gazebo and Highly Professional PADI dive operator, tours and concierge services, wedding and event coordination services. All rooms are non-smoking and offers handicap accessible bathrooms, accessible paths of travel, in room accessibility. Some connecting rooms available. Complimentary WiFi in-rooms and most common areas, complimentary luggage assistance from San Pedro Airstrip, and complimentary early bird coffee ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Otel, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your SunBreeze Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunbreeze Hotel San Pedro
- Sunbreeze San Pedro
- SunBreeze Hotel Belize/San Pedro