We just returned from six days at the El Pescador on Ambergris Caye and we will be returning! In fact, my husband and father-in-law are in the process of booking a return trip this June.
My husband and I took our three children, ages 14, 9 and 2, for our second Ambergris Caye vacation. While we loved the resort we stayed at last time it was simply too far north. So on a friends' recommendation we booked our stay at the El Pescador in a two bedroom villa.
From the moment we were greeted at the San Pedro airport to the minute we left the San Pedro airport, we felt a part of the El Pescador family. Literallly. Ali, Alonzo, Chris and Steve make sure that all guests feel a part of their family. They are always available and accessible and truly care if you are enjoying their piece of heaven.
Every staff member remembered our name and preferences. It would be so difficult to single out one for kudos; Mariano the bartender, Susanna the waitress, Mari at the front desk, Judy in guest services, director of fishing Ed, they were all wonderful!!!
The food was amazing. The chartered fishing trip well exceeded our expectations; Luis made sure that my sons had an amazing day on the water! And was genuinely excited when my 9 year old landed a 36 inch barracuda.
A chartered excursion with Alonzo and his mate, Manuel, was also above all expectations. My children are so far apart in age that it is not always easy to find experiences they all enjoy, but Alonzo made sure that all three had an amazing experience snorkeling and visiting Caye Caulker.
I could go on and on...but my favorite part of El Pescador? The true fishing/hunting lodge feeling of a family.
Everyday in the afternoon guests gather around the pool to share fishing stories. After a short rest and dressing for dinner guests return to the bar for a drink and more stories as they wait for the dinner bell. We met so many new friends!!
Warning, do not travel to Ambergris Caye in the hopes of being entertained. You are on island time. It's your job to relax and enjoy the beautiful fishing, sun and nearby sights. Yes,, you can book excursions that are wonderful but do not expect nightclubs or hokey luaus.
Last but certainly not least...the villa. The villa truly had everything you could need at home. I cooked several meals and had every utensil/etc. that I could need. Beautiful furnishings and very comfortable beds!! And maybe my favorite spot, the hammock on the balcony.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Pescador’s beachfront lodge and villas are situated on over 45 private acres with ambiance, specializing in fishing, diving and eco-adventures. We are family-owned and operated with emphasis on creating camaraderie and an authentic Belizean experience. El Pescador is proud of our philosophy to protect and nurture friendship, adventure and the environment. El Pescador has long been known as a world-class fishing destination offering outstanding flats fishing for bonefish, tarpon and permit. El Pescador has been the only resort on Ambergris Caye specializing in saltwater flats fishing since 1974. Since coming under new ownership in 1997, the resort has established itself as an eco-friendly tropical getaway, including a commitment to offset all carbon emissions generated by its guests flying to Belize. Donations are made on behalf of guests to a local Belizean non-profit organization, Green Reef Environmental Educational and Coastal Research Institute, to offset the carbon emissions used to travel to Belize. El Pescador was also among the key organizations to implement the new Law protecting bonefish, tarpon and permit as catch and release species. This is the most all encompassing legislation of its kind worldwide. It is great news for Belizeans, anglers, tourists and conservationists alike. El Pescador is a serene and gracious establishment on the doorstep of the world’s largest living Barrier Reef. El Pescador offers accommodations in guest rooms within its colonial style, mahogany main lodge, as well as in 1, 2, and 3 bedroom luxury beachfront villas. The villas are perfect accommodations for couples seeking romance and privacy, and for families and small groups traveling together. All rooms and villas are beachfront and have unobstructed views of the Caribbean blue waters. In addition to unequaled fishing, this first-rate resort offers all the eco-adventures which take full advantage of Belize’s exotic flora and fauna. Scuba diving, snorkeling, manatee watching, cave-tubing and zip-lining, and Maya archaeological explorations are just a small assortment of the activities available while staying at El Pescador. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your El Pescador Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Pescador Hotel San Pedro
- El Pescador San Pedro
- El Pescador Resort Belize/San Pedro