“My Son's Wedding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Pescador Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
El Pescador Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   PO Box 17 | 2.6 miles north, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize   |
Ranked #5 of 55 hotels in San Pedro
Scottsburg, Virginia
“My Son's Wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We spent a week at this lovely resort to celebrate my son's wedding to his wonderful bride. I cannot express enough gratitude to the facility and staff for making this an exceptional event.
From the arrival time of silly behavior to the formality of the beach-side wedding, El Pescador staff handled the diversity of our party with courteous finesse. Though I was not always party to the details, none of the guests mentioned any difficulties. Our primary reason for our trip was to celebrate a wedding. However, the fishing was spectacular.

Much of the credit is due to expert fly casting instruction of L.A. and our fishing Sensei Sinoe the Fish Whisperer. WIndy conditions proved to be a task to which our guide adapted our novice experience. I believe on our first day, we boated 21 bone after casting to......well, so many. "tck, tck tck". He even was able to put a bone fish on the fly to Laura who has only fly fished for trout, bass or pan fish on calm days. Reports around Mariano's Bar at El Pescador (excellent barkeep) showed that each guide was as adept to our ineptness.
The facillities are superb. The cuisine was unexpectedly wonderful, The dinning staff quite accommondating. How they remember each one's name and preferences is truly remarkable.
I am also an outfitter who runs a destination lodge. I highly recommend El Pescador as a destination for anyone who wishes to have a wonderful tropical fishing experience at a quality facility with phenomenal staff.

Thank you Chis and your Staff.

See you soon,
Tom and Laura

301 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have to say that the staff at El Pescador were absolutely amazing!! . They were able to accommodate almost 30 guests with ease. The food is top notch as well as the everyday experience of the lodge. We had a mixed group of anglers and non anglers and no one ever said that they felt like they had nothing to do. The extra trips that El Pescador arranged for us were just as great as the lodge( Zip lining and cave tubing). My wedding day was relaxed and stress free!! They made sure that everything was set up and ready, all i did was show up in a dress! We plan in coming back in the future knowing that they exceeded our expectations in every way!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

I will definitely be planning another trip to visit El Pescador fishing lodge in the future! The staff was amazing and the lodge was perfect there is not one thing I would change! It was great while the boys would be out fishing there was plenty for the women to do!

• Stayed January 2013
boston, ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed at El Pescador for 5 days and would have stayed longer if we could have. First off the staff or "family" as they are referred are absolutely wonderful. Nothing can't be taken care of, any question can be asked. Judy and Marlin were so sweet and helpful and the owners and fishing staff were knowledgeable and always accessible.

The resort, while not glamourous, was very clean comfortable and beautiful. My husband and i used the complimentary bikes daily and rode up and down the beach and really did not see a resort that had all el pescador has to offer. Close enough to town (20 min bike ride) but private and secluded. The 3 pools are large and very nice and never crowded. We also took the complimentary kayaks out for a couples hours and got to weave in and out of the reef and observe a dolphin family.

Our room was in the main lodge, was clean and very comfortable. Again this isnt a high luxury hotel its about being outside doing things but regardless our rooms were great.

The FOOD!! We opted to go all inclusive and i would highly recommend it, the food is great. some of the other guests choose not to thinking they would go into town and then ended up eating all there meals at the resort. The breakfast menu and lunch menu were great, had everything you could want and they will cater to requests. Dinner, while it is set, changes every night and is amazing! You do eat dinner family style at a set time, but it was great to meet all the other guests (one night there were 50ppl and other nights 10) and make new friends. Knowing how accommodating the resort is im sure if you wanted to do a romantic thing im sure they'd help you work it out. The bar has everything, and while the inclusive package only includes local rums and beer, they bartenders have a fun cocktail menu and we were never tempted to get anything not on it. Green Caribbeans and Pain Killers!

My husband loved the fishing (bonefish), and while im not great at it, belize is so beautiful and they really cater to your level so we had a great time and spent the entire day out! Snorkeling was so much fun, the wildlife is really the highlight.

We were never bored, this place is great for families, couples or friend groups. You are so comfortable and feel at home, we never wanted to leave! We will be framing the fantastic painting we were given as a wedding present!

Room Tip: we were just 2 and got a rather large suite (2 bedrooms) so call and clarify. the villas are more se...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My fishing partner and I had a tremendous time at El Pescador despite 35+ knot winds every day. The facility is in great shape with large, comfortable rooms and excellent food. The staff, who all come from a Belize mountain village called Valley of Peace) were the highlight of the stay. Within 2 hours of arrival, we were greeted by name at every turn. Lauri-Ann (head of the fishing guide staff) was very knowledgable and helpful. Our guide Cesar was as good as I've ever had and far better than most. Even in challenging conditions we found fish and probably saw 200+ permit (landed 5 - not bad given the wind). This is a first-rate operation and we will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in a 2-bed lodge room above the dining room. Very quiet and close to 5:00am coffee.
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I can't say enough about my recent stay at El Pescador. The management has done an excellent job at creating an inviting, family atmosphere, and every member of the staff knows you by name. The accommodations were comfortable, the location is ideal, and the variety of activities makes it easy to find something to do. While I was there primarily to fish, I also took a snorkeling trip that lodge arranged for me. It was great fun, and next time I want to bring my family. Lorianne has done a great job organizing the fishing, and my guide Caesar was outstanding. I will definitely ask for him next time I come. When I wasn't fishing with a guide, I didn't have trouble finding bonefish on the flats in front of the lodge or in the lagoon behind the lodge. I was able to explore this area by borrowing one of the lodge's fishing kayaks. Ali, Chris , and Steve were all very attentive hosts, and you can tell they take pride in El Pescador. I highly recommend this lodge.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I had a great time and the staff were very helpful. It truley is an all-inclusive resort with many opportunites to do both land and sea adventures. I was there to go fishing and we had an excellent guide (Raton). He was patient with me as I was not a very experienced fly fisherman. In the three days I fished I caught plenty of Bonefish. In the evenings all the guests would sit around the dinner table outside and swap stories. Its just a great atmosphere and not pretentious at all. The fishing director, Lori Ann is excellent and very helpful in fine tuning your cast. Accomodations are neat and clean, but not overly spacious. But we hardly were in our room at all. The food was excellent all the way from breakfast to dinner to midnight snacks! I'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to El Pescador Resort? Share your experiences!