I highly recommend El Pescador, especially to fishermen, but there are numerous non-fishing activities as well. The resort is very well appointed and maintained. The management and staff are very helpful and as friendly as can be. Soon after arrival the folks at the resort were addressing us by name and making us feel as if we were long-term, highly valued guests and friends. The food was good. I really enjoyed the family-style evening meal. I was there to fish and my guide was very competent and personable. Only two things I would change. First, I was traveling with my wife. The room we were in did not have a queen or king bed but two twins that had been pushed together - less than ideal. Since this is a fishing resort, they probably get more fishermen than couples and may not have too many king or queen rooms. My other quibble is that there was no rod rack in our room, so I had to leave my rods on the floor.
All in all a great, memorable experience. I definitely plan to return to El Pescador.
- Also Known As:
- El Pescador Hotel San Pedro
- El Pescador Hotel
- El Pescador San Pedro
- El Pescador Resort Belize/San Pedro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Pescador’s beachfront lodge and villas are situated on over 45 private acres with ambiance, specializing in fishing, diving and eco-adventures. We are family-owned and operated with emphasis on creating camaraderie and an authentic Belizean experience. El Pescador is proud of our philosophy to protect and nurture friendship, adventure and the environment. El Pescador has long been known as a world-class fishing destination offering outstanding flats fishing for bonefish, tarpon and permit. El Pescador has been the only resort on Ambergris Caye specializing in saltwater flats fishing since 1974. Since coming under new ownership in 1997, the resort has established itself as an eco-friendly tropical getaway, including a commitment to offset all carbon emissions generated by its guests flying to Belize. Donations are made on behalf of guests to a local Belizean non-profit organization, Green Reef Environmental Educational and Coastal Research Institute, to offset the carbon emissions used to travel to Belize. El Pescador was also among the key organizations to implement the new Law protecting bonefish, tarpon and permit as catch and release species. This is the most all encompassing legislation of its kind worldwide. It is great news for Belizeans, anglers, tourists and conservationists alike. El Pescador is a serene and gracious establishment on the doorstep of the world’s largest living Barrier Reef. El Pescador offers accommodations in guest rooms within its colonial style, mahogany main lodge, as well as in 1, 2, and 3 bedroom luxury beachfront villas. The villas are perfect accommodations for couples seeking romance and privacy, and for families and small groups traveling together. All rooms and villas are beachfront and have unobstructed views of the Caribbean blue waters. In addition to unequaled fishing, this first-rate resort offers all the eco-adventures which take full advantage of Belize’s exotic flora and fauna. Scuba diving, snorkeling, manatee watching, cave-tubing and zip-lining, and Maya archaeological explorations are just a small assortment of the activities available while staying at El Pescador. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your El Pescador Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.