“Best Snorkeling Ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
Top Rated
$67*
and up
Belize Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Shark Ray...
Ranked #1 of 46 things to do in San Pedro
Activities: Snorkeling, Scuba diving
More attraction details
Owner description: This beautiful nature reserve is in an area world famous for its excellent diving.
New York City, New York
“Best Snorkeling Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

My wife decided to stay at the resort and enjoy Captain Morgan's Beach and Oh My did she miss out on the wonderful trip I took to Hol Chan. It felt like was dreaming. I had never seen so much beautiful animals of the sea. The Guide aka as Garobo by the local guides gave us a fun trip. I got to see fishes i had never heard of. The marine park is Amazing. I highly recommend anyone visiting San Pedro to visit the Marine Park.

Visited July 2011

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Atlanta, GA
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great snorkeling variety - a Belize "Must Do"!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

We chose this as our first snorkeling trip from Ambergris Caye, and if we only had one opportunity to snorkel from Ambergris, this would be the place. You'll find divers here, too, because the reef's "channel" wall affords a wonderful variety of fish, coral, turtles, and rays both at a great snorkeling depth and for divers. We've snorkeled St. John, Cancun, Cozumel, Costa Maya, Jamaca, and Hawaii. This place compares to the best of the others we've seen - except you have to pay an outfitter to get there rather than drive yourself and snorkel off the beach. It's really worth it, though, for all ages and levels of experience. Most outfitters take you here first, then to "Shark Alley" where they feed the nurse sharks. There you can pet or hold a shark or a sting ray - they're quite used to humans now. It's a good outing for morning (rather than afternoon). Enjoy!

Visited August 2011
Lumberton, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Don't do this trip without Alphonse....he is the BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Don't let the fear of sharks (gentle nurse sharks) stop you from doing this... it is WONDERFUL!!! Go with Alphonse! Before you even get in the water he makes sure your equipment (mask, fins, snorkle) are good to go! No adjusting or fogging up in the water. Once you are in the water he wants you to experience the love , appreciation and knowledge he has for the ocean. It is an experience you do not need to pass up.

Visited July 2011
Iowa City
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“So much to see in an hour of diving!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

We went to Hol Chan with White sands Dive Shop. Half of the people we went with were snorkelers and half were divers. We dove for about 50 mins I think. We saw 3 eels, large crab, string rays, and a turtle. Right after that dive we went over to shark sting ray alley and everyone snorkeled. One of the tour guides caught a nurse shark for us to pet. It was pretty awesome. Everyone enjoyed the trip!

Visited June 2011
Hillsboro, Oregon
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Hol Chan has great Marine life, beautiful coral and crystal clear turquoise water”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

Not to be missed!!! I really enjoyed this snorkeling trip. It was very beautiful and the were a lot of large fish. It will take me weeks to look up all the fish we saw. Now that I have seen Mexico rocks and Tres Cocos I know the coral is a little bleached out but it was my first snorkeling adventure and it was fairly easy compared to the heavier surf up north. I would advise anyone travel here to do this one for the variety of large fish and ease of the snorkeling.

Visited May 2011