I had done tons of research about the property and area (never been here before) but never felt like I got a "good feel" for what it would offer; so was a little anxious if it would meet our expectations. We are Marriott owners and made a trade via II. Well, we were very pleased. The staff is tops! They're very friendly and accommodating. After a long day of travel we were met with offers of Rum Punch drinks and a 5 minute boat trip from San Pedro to the resort. Didn't have to lift a finger...they took care of all our belongings and delivered to our room (and the same when we left). There were some very minor maintenance issues in our room that were corrected immediately. I would rate the dinners at the restaurant as average; but can't beat the service and the view! There are several beach-side restaurants within a short walk along the beach; may fish that can be viewed from shore or off of many of the boat docks. Sea shells and iguanas litter the beach. Tropical breezes, but watch out for the mosquitos at dusk. We weren't certain how or if we would travel from the resort to town (3 miles). Found that it's quite simple and several options; from commercial water taxi services (can purchase per trip or a pass for a week), resort will allow you to ride their 'employee shuttle boat' if there's room, bikes, golf carts and walking. I encourage everyone at work to visit San Pedro, Belize.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Captain Morgan's Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captain Morgan`s Retreat Hotel San Pedro
- Captain Morgans Retreat San Pedro
- Captain Morgans Retreat Hotel
- Captain Morgan's Retreat Belize/San Pedro