“Far from authentic” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #104 of 121 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
“Far from authentic”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We decided to stray from local food and try one of the two middle eastern restaurants in San Pedro. We chose poorly. While the owner was enthusiastic, his food did not match. It was very disappointing. Maybe he will re-think his recipes after some of these reviews.

Visited December 2012

McKinney, Texas
“REALLY EXPENSIVE!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

The food is good the service is good. The problem is you barely get any food. Its kid portions. What you get is good its just REALLY small portions. So the price for what you get is ridiculous. The pita bread is like a tortilla. I agree with the other reviewers. I would not recommended this place.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“If you like humus, stay away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

There were two restaurants that served falafel and it happens we picked this one. I had a falafel sandwich and we also tried the humus and baba. The falafel was ok but I was a little confused by the "pita" they used as it was more like a tortilla. The humus had no tahini and lacked flavor. The baba on the other hand was flavorful and very garlicky. If you are in the mood for falafel, don't bother. Maybe the other food is good but if I went back to belize I would definitely not go back.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Cork, Ireland
“worst rip off on san pedro”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Basically, Alibaba´s was a complete rip off. They claimed to have a special offer, yet after we ate they told us that this offer was only valid if you took the food out. the food was good, but the portions are rather small. For example, if you order hummus you have to order bread separately. (not real pita bread!! more or less a small tortilla, not even worth it!). Tax is not included so you pay even more and while eating they try to hard sell drinks and shishas for 20 BZD. Other customers as well as the staff smoke while you are eating, there is no designated smoking area. Weird techno music, unfriendly staff, unpleasant experience! There are much better choices on the island.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“At first I was scared, but the food here was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I walked by this place at least a dozen times and nobody ever seemed to be dining there. It turns out there is a patio behind the place where most guests opt to sit. The owners were perched on the veranda hassling passers by which was a total turn off BUT a waiter at another restaurant who also worked at Ali Baba convinced us to try the food. My husband wanted to kill me...until the food arrived! We had the falafel appetizer and the half chicken plate. The falafel was the best I've had anywhere! In fact, I've been craving it daily since we ate there! The chicken had a nice flavor to it but was a litlle dry. However, the hummus that came with the dish more than made up for the dryness of the chicken. I also really enjoyed the coleslaw that I requested since they were out of tabouli. As for those annoying owners, well it turns out they are very nice and very funny but simply struggle with the English language and genuinely don't know any better. The whole experience was a truly unexpected surprise!

• Visited June 2012