“Professional and Fun” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 70 activities in San Pedro
Type: Water sports
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: As PADI instructors we saw the need of a proper Scuba School that provides quality standards for the country of Belize. With the on premise POOL we can offer classes and trips from FREE TRY DIVES, to PADI Open Water certification, all the way to Dive Master. As one of the premier dive centers in Belize we stress SAFETY first whether it is local diving or open water teaching.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Professional and Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I completed the online PADI course, then headed to Belize to complete all of my water training. Suyapa and Junior were my instructors over the 2 days. I cannot say enough good things: they were friendly, fun, passionate, patient, encouraging, and professional. I am very comfortable in the water, but even so, I had moments of fear. They were very supportive during these times. The boat captain, Clive, was also very helpful and sweet. My hair got tangled in my snorkel when I was demonstrating the Mask-Off skill on the ocean floor, and when I got back into the boat, Clive sat next to me and untangled my hair. Annica made us coffee and brought it to us in the pool on our first morning, as it was chilly that day. I loved that even though I was there to learn to scuba dive, they spent extra time underwater, showing me all the sights and amazements there are to see in Belize. It is one of my favorite life moments.

Visited January 2014
Venancio T, Manager at Scuba School Belize & Recreational Diving, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for such a pleasant review Shanda we are happy that both you and Jeff had a great experience getting certified here with us and diving in beautiful San Pedro. We will be awaiting your next visit and we will also be waiting for Emily to continue.

Salt Lake City, Utah
“THE Best scuba instructor in San Pedro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I just completed my very first dive with Scuba School Belize. The staff was amazing and the training/instruction I received was top-notch. I don't think there is a better scuba instructor in all of Belize. I will be returning to San Pedro in June to complete my Scuba certification with Scuba School Belize. Absolutely amazing experience. Thanks to everyone at Scuba School!!

Visited January 2014
Kirk thank you for your review, it was a pleasure having you diving with SSB on your vacations to Ambergris Caye! We are glad to hear you had a great time with us, looking forward for your return in June! :)
San Francisco, California
“The best part of our trip to San Pedro!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I was booked to get open water certified with them but the first day booked was too windy and none of the boats could go out that day. The staff kept us notified of the conditions throughout the day for a possible afternoon dive but eventually when the rest of the day was cancelled, the staff was very accommodating of the limited time we had in San Pedro and helped us book the dives the following day. I was able to finish the dives the next day. Jr. is such an excellent dive master who is so charismatic and professional, and very thorough when giving instructions. I was nervous but felt safe with him the entire time. After I got certified, he dove with me and my boyfriend as well as a couple of advanced open water divers. Even with the varying levels of diving experience, he looked after each of us and constantly made sure we were okay. My boyfriend and I both loved Jr. and the rest of the staff and would definitely dive with them again!

Visited December 2013
Venancio T, Manager at Scuba School Belize & Recreational Diving, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Lisa, thank you so much for the great review! Days of bad weather are inevitable, but we do our best to accommodate our divers. At Scuba School Belize, we always try to give all of our divers the best experience possible even with the varying levels of certification. So happy to hear you had a wonderful experience and we hope to see you the two of you again.
London, United Kingdom
“Great bunch of people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I just spent a couple of weeks out on Ambergris Caye and did around 10 dives with Scuba School Belize, my girlfriend also did a "Discover Scuba" dive with them (and 1 additional dive after). As background I'm an experienced diver with around 40 dives, in a number of locations around the world.

I have to say I was incredibly impressed with Junior, he was an absolute pleasure to dive with, very knowledgeable and an incredibly nice guy to boot! It is very clear that Scuba School Belize is a shop motivated by a passion for diving, rather than trying to get as many people through the door as possible. They run far fewer numbers on each trip and really take care of you.

As I mentioned, my girlfriend did a DSD with Junior. In the run up she was incredibly nervous about diving as she is rather afraid of water (and marine life), Junior took fantastic care of her, slowly getting her more confident in the pool before taking her out to do the open water dive continually showing the same high level of attentiveness and building confidence. I can strongly recommend Junior as a dive instructor to anyone, particularly if you're at all nervous of learning to dive.

Just to give further info, I also dived with one of the other (bigger) operations on Ambergris Caye (as SSB don't go out to the Blue Hole) and although they were one of the other "best" operations, the difference quickly became clear. I don't normally go back to the same place twice on holiday, but if I do I would have absolutely no hesitation to choose to dive with Junior and the team.

Visited December 2013
Jamie, we are pleased to hear both you and your girlfriend had such a wonderful time with us here at Scuba School Belize. We certainly enjoyed diving with the two of you. If you ever return to Ambergris Caye, we hope to see you guys again!
Boise, Idaho
“Awesome Instruction and Amazing Underwater Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Thanks to everyone at scuba school for making this a safe and wonderful experience for our family! Our family including my wife and two boys of 14 and 12 years old finished our open water PADI dive certification with Jr. and Carlitos. Learning and safety are top notch with you guys! After we finished our certification we came back for another 2 tank dive before leaving. These guys made our experience incredible which influenced us to continue our journey underwater......See you guys next time...

Visited November 2013
Dave, it was a pleasure having you and your family dive with us. Your boys did great during their course and we are so happy they have joined us in the world of diving. We really appreciate the review and we look forward to seeing you all next time you visit.