“Fantastic Place for Breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Caroline's Cookin'

Caroline's Cookin'
Coconut Drive | Right Beside Airport Terminal, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize
+501 226-3188
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 126 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: International, Barbecue, South American, Central American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Caroline's Cookin' serves international fare all made from scratch. We are located on Coconut Drive right across the street from the San Pedro Airport next to the Sunbreeze Hotel. For breakfast our popular items are homemade pancakes and the island favorite huevos rancheros. For Lunch our popular items are fresh fish tacos which you could get mild, medium or spicy. Then for dinner our three favorite dishes are chicken, pork, fresh fish, shrimp, conch, and lobster served with your choice of curry, Jerk or Caribbean sauces with your choice of 2 out of our 9 delicious homemade side dishes. We look forward to having you come and visit! At Caroline's our customers are considered as family!
Los Angeles, California
“Fantastic Place for Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I love Carolyn. She is a hospitable business woman with heart. If you're an unruly customer (which there are plenty of them out there) she will tell you like it is because first no one deserves to be abused by any customer and second she really cares about people. I've been for breakfast at her place many times and she is always accommodating (she even did egg whites for our health seeking friends). You treat her with respect and she dishes it out right back. The negative reviews usually have an undertone that is suspicious but there are haters and immature individuals in this world that unfortunately have access to the internet.

Love Carolyn's. She is a fantastic lady!

• Visited April 2014

Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

They served the freshest food and drinks, everything is delicious! And Caroline is hilarious! Great food and great atmosphere.

Visited March 2014
Dublin VA
“Great food with personality on the side!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

My wife and I really enjoy the atmosphere of the places we go.
After reading all the reviews of this restaurant, it was one place we definitely were not going to miss (so the guy who threatened to destroy the place here on TripAdvisor didn't accomplish his objective).
We were there in the early afternoon and it wasn't busy. Caroline's daughter was our waitress.
We ordered a pina colada and it was interesting just to see Caroline create it - we knew beyond the shadow of a doubt it was made from fresh ingredients because we saw here make it - and when do you see a bartender take 10 minutes on a pina colada? If you're using fresh fruit like she did, then it does!
My wife had a salad and I had stewed chicken and rice with beans - I really wanted to order a burger but like trying the local cuisine. I'm glad I did, as everything was excellent. Caroline came out and saw that I'd finished the chicken and chicken broth and was down to the rice and beans, so she went to the kitchen and came back with more broth, laughing that she stole it from the cook!
Caroline turned out to be a very interesting person and makes this restaurant what it is. I'm sure when it's busy, she can't address all her customers the same way, but it's entertaining to see how she works. She struck us as a feisty gal, and I'll bet if the guy who flamed her on here tried to take off without paying as another contributor says, he got flamed in person! A person like that simply doesn't understand how tough it is to run a small operation like hers - it's not like walking out of Red Lobster or Olive Garden without paying where they'll never miss it.
We plan to eat here again before we fly out and I'd highly recommend it.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing service and Amazing Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

If you are looking for delicious and authentic cuisine for a reasonable price, then you must eat here. It's right across from the airport so it is convenient to eat here before or after your flight! Caroline and her team make every item from scratch! I had the jerk chicken which was delicious! You must come and meet Caroline.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“We'll be back for sure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Great food, hard-working and fabulous owner, great value! We loved our breakfasts and I'm pretty sure there isn't anything on the menu that's less than fabulous. Huge portions, very fresh and reasonably priced. Can't say enough about Caroline - she was very attentive and when it turned out the credit card machine wasn't working and we didn't have any cash, she was super apologetic about the inconvenience and said, "Just stop by another time when you have cash!" How trusting is that?!? My husband ran out to the ATM while I waited but we can't believe she'd be so nice to total strangers. Well, she doesn't let anyone feel like a stranger for long...

• Visited March 2014