“great food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Caroline's Cookin'

Caroline's Cookin'
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Abilene, Texas
“great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Directly across the street from the San Pedro Airport. Caroline's has a nice variety of food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We ate there twice on our trip and were never disappointed. Caroline is quite the character & will take good care of your food & drink requests.

Visited August 2013

shiner02
“Save some time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had less than 30 minutes before our flight and Caroline said unfortunately all the food is made to order. We asked about the burritos and she agreed to put a rush on a couple burritos for us. We got one fish and one shrimp. They were among the best food we had on the island. I highly recommend that you set a little extra time before your flight to stop in (she's directly across the street from the airport) and try the fish burrito. She also had the coldest beer we had on the island.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tehachapi, California
38,155 helpful votes 38,155 helpful votes
“As good as it gets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We were only in San Pedro for 3 days and ate at Caroline's 3 times! Caroline is so friendly and takes great pride in providing her customers with the dining experience they are looking for. The meals were cooked to perfection and you can tell that the ingredients are fresh.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Altos, California
“Great Brunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We went to Caroline's for brunch, got welcomed by the lady herself and spend the next hour being entertained by her inimitable conversation. The food too, was very good. Make sure you try her Fry Jacks, hand squeezed Limeade, and make sure you do not get on the wrong side of Ms Caroline herself!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
United States
“Ok, but could be much better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I had heard rave reviews about Caroline's Cookin' and wanted to try it.

Caroline is a wonderful woman. You can tell she really cares about her customers. I told her I wanted something vegetarian and I was debating between the vegetable curry and the vegetarian pasta. She suggested the curry with the coconut rice. I also ordered a side salad. One thing I noticed about the restaurant was the bright lighting. For me, that's a positive.

I was served within 10 minutes. That's another plus. Unfortunately, that's where it ends.

The curry portion size was a bit on the small side. So was the portion of rice. The rice that came with it looked like it was about the size of a small teacup.

In terms of flavor and consistency, I ordered the curry "medium" and it was a little on the bland side. Maybe that's just how they interpreted it for the typical customer so I can understand that. What amazed me though was how thin the curry was. I had never seen curry that thin before. Additionally, the green salad was served on the same plate and I had ordered a side of oil/vinegar. There was no way to keep the two flavors from merging. Salad should taste like salad, not curry. Similarly, curry shouldn't taste like salad dressing.

The total meal (with soft drink and tip) came to USD$16.00.

I wanted to give this restaurant a higher review because Caroline herself comes across as a wonderful, caring person. This meal, however, did not wow me.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere