“Jerk Chicken” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Robin's Kitchen

Robin's Kitchen
Sea Grape Drive, Opposite Royal Palms | South end of island, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 124 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Jamaican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Sacramento, California
“Jerk Chicken”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

There is no menu. No prices. Just inexpensive Jerk Chicken. Comes with rice and beans, coleslaw, and sauce. Delicious! And cheap. $7 US per plate. Highly recommended.

Visited July 2014

Norman, Oklahoma
“One of the best meals in Belize!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Our lunch at Robin's Kitchen was one of the best meals we had while in Belize. It's definitely a "no-frills" type of restaurant; it's located on the side of the road, is a bit off the beaten path and has a limited menu (only jerk chicken and curry chicken the day we went). But boy do they know how to cook! To top it off, the meal was extremely affordable. If you're visiting San Pedro, make it a point to go to Robin's Kitchen!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
North Carolina
“Satisfying!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Arrived early before official opening with my catch of day. The staff were pleasant and grilled my filleted red snappers on his smoker with no charge but I did buy a jerk chicken and vegetables for family that was awesome and the best I had on island. My fish was jerked at my request to my satisfaction ; live music was a plus too.

Staff did not have change. So you might want to have correct monies if you are the type that wants every "penny" back. That was ok to me since I was more than satisfied with customer service and prep of fish / food.

My only concern is I did not see cook wash his hands especially handling meat products before or after. I guess he grilled the germs away; I see things are done differently than USA. Nevertheless I had a fabulous time and enjoyed staff interaction.

San Pedro, Belize
“Eat at Robin's Kitchen every day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Delicious, cheap, maybe the best meal I had in San Pedro. The owners/cooks/wait staff are very nice. If I could recommend one place in Belize, this is it.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Springboro, Ohio
“Very good... as long as you have a strong stomach!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Okay, so this was an amazing place. I feel terrible even giving it less than 5 stars because the food was literally right out of the kitchen. You could tell it was made with love and soul!!

Everyone in our group loved this place. My issue was too much rum and I have a weak stomach. So that left me with not a great setup for eating local food. So please keep that in mind as I write this review :)

I would definitely recommend this place if you are looking for soul food/comfort food! The chicken tasted amazing - if you love jerk chicken! The beans and rice weren't dry and the fish we had was tender and delicious.

My problems occurred the next day - so just be prepared and take some antacids if you are not used to eating such rich food! :) (I am most definitely not the right person for rich & spicy dishes!)

The best part about this place is the people. We ended up having four guys play guitar with us all evening! They were amazing singers/guitar players. The sand floors, delicious food and awesome music will be a memory I will never forget!!! :) If you are looking for a local eatery with plenty of character then this is for you. If you are weary of local food and don't like traditional Caribbean/jerk food then you won't fit in here.

Visited June 2014