“Seafood - delicious and abundant, and great service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hurricanes Ceviche Bar & Grill

Hurricanes Ceviche Bar & Grill
On the dock, between Ramon's Village & Sun Breeze Hotel | Foreshore, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye 99999, Belize
501 226-4124
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 127 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, South American, Central American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Hurricanes Ceviche Bar & Grill is the location for relaxation with fine outdoor dining and delicious tropical drinks. Food ranging from your usual finger foods and snacks like burgers and fries, chicken and fish fingers to delectable seafood specials and pastas. Hurricanes is the home of the Ceviche! A dish comprised of fresh seafood marinated in lime and served with a mixture of vegetables and corn tortilla chips. Try our octopus ceviche, maybe shrimp is to your taste, try our famous conch ceviche or just have a combo of them all.Hurricanes Ceviche Bar & Grill "a world wind of delicacies"
minneapolis, MN
“Seafood - delicious and abundant, and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

What's best than to be underwater in a diving paradise? To be over the water in the pier, having great seafood! The portions are big, we shared ceviche (big chunks of fish, octopus, shrimp) and a beautiful grilled fish. The service was fast and very attentive, which was not the case in many other restaurants during our vacation (as we were in S.Pedro there in the busiest days of the year)

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Guatemala City, Guatemala
“Best ceviche in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

James will serve you an excellent ceviche. I liked both shrimp & conk. My wife ordered lobster tostadas, love them. I good tip in San Pedro, when order lobster is to ask if they are fresh. Many small restaurants buy lobster one or twice a week, and they frozen them.

Visited January 2013
“Good, good, good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We loved Hurricane's; its situated over the water, the drinks were good, the bartender was super fun, and the ceviche was SO GOOD! It was definitely fresh, just the right amount of lime, and better than the ceviche served on one of our day trips.

Visited March 2012
cvguru
“Hurricane's - It'll blow your mind”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Hurricane's can simply be described with one very apt American phrase, 'Totally Awesome!'

The food and service, not to mention the view, is quite breathtaking. All of the food is very good but it is most famous for its Ceviche. For the un-initiated and forgive me for patronising you, Ceviche is a mix of seafood, onions, peppers, lime juice and other stuff depending on your taste and recipe, finely chopped (or coarsely chopped if you prefer) and then served with fried tortilla chips which you use to scoop up the deliciously spicey concoction. Of course it can be made as spicey as you like and, I, being almost Belizean, like it, like my women, hot, hot, hot!!!

The drinks, especially the cocktails are brilliant. My favourite being a Coco Loco which is a coconut margarita, deceptively sweet and if not given due respect will leave you slaughtered and as pissed as a fart.

Josh, the owner and manager, is a great dude, very handsome, almost as handsome as me, with a penchant for blasting out music like he's in a night club in Cancun, but will change the music to something more chilled like reggae etc., if you ask him nicely.

There are about half a dozen places in San Pedro that I use that are all equally brilliant, but I have written separate reviews about those joints.

If you see a devastatingly handsome Brummy Irishman talking absolute piffle or singing at the top of his lungs or dancing like Michael Jackson, then it might be me, so stop by and say hello.

Ciao bella,

Adriano x

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, BC
“Great spot for Ceviche”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I love this little place. This is my third trip to San Pedro and I always like to treat myself to a visit to Hurricanes.

First the location is pretty sweet, right on a dock over the sea. Perfect for catching all those wonderful ocean breezes and a great place to cool off if you've been walking the beach in the sun. Second, the ceviche is fresh and fabulous. I don't know where the other reviewer had been eating his ceviche but I found the price to be average for the island. $BZ 25 for one ingredient, add 5 for additional toppings. The shrimp and conch in season is amazing with lots of onion and pepper and fresh tortilla chips. My friend often ate the lunch special which was always fresh and tasty and filled him up (which is saying something as he is a big man.)

All in all, I love Hurricanes and will go back again and again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food