“Nice massage” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean Essence Day Spa

Ocean Essence Day Spa
Sea Grape Drive | Waterfront the at Xanadu Resort, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye 109, Belize
501-604-0766
New York City, New York
6 attraction reviews
“Nice massage”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I did a couples massage and the massage itself was excellent. The massage is done on the dock itself and you can hear the waves and the tranquility of the island. I read a review, where someone booked a massage and came and the place was closed. They are very laid-back on the island and had it not been for our persistence we would have thought the place was closed too. We arrived at our scheduled appointment time and the gate was locked (which is almost pointless because it is a door on a dock and one can simply go in the water and climb on the dock on the other side). But we kept looking and calling out and then I saw a head in a window and saw that someone was there. So we waved and called and eventually we were seen. Another massage was still in progress so we were allowed to sit in some hammocks on the dock which was within visibility of the people that were getting massaged. They need to work on their privacy. I am naked under a sheet and partially exposed at times. The place should be better designed where other people are not watching you get a massage.

Visited March 2012

“Beautiful, reasonable and relaxing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

They made it worth our trip. You can hear the dock creaking in the background to make it even more relaxing. It's amazing!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 attraction reviews
“Highly recommend - only spa on water”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

My husband treated me to a massage during our recent trip to Belize and Ocean Essence did an amazing job! It's located Dow the same road as Xanadu resort, except this spa is literally out on a dock so the whole time you can listen to the water lapping on the shore. Very relaxing and the massage was one of the best I ever had. When we called to make an appointment, they also offered to pick us up, if needed which is an added perk. Definitely with a visit if you want to treat yourself while in San Pedro

Melville, New York
5 attraction reviews
“Best Massage”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

This is my wife's review. She said it was the absolute best massage she has ever had.

Sydney
3 attraction reviews
“Great masssage”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Went in without an appointment and they sent out for a 2nd therapist so we could have massages together. I am a massage therapist myself and rated Helen's massage as excellent!