“Full day of culture and adventure” 5 of 5 stars

+501 669-8415
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Cruise Ship Passengers and Overnight visitors can enjoy some of the most unique adventures in Belize. Our tours are fun, safe and a must do at this port of Belize. Apart from the turquoise seas, the sandy beaches of the many islands dotted off our shores and the rich blanket of rainforest that spreads across the country, there is a world yet to be explored beneath the surface. Discover the secrets of the ancient Mayas tubing through an underground realm exploring majestic caves, known as the Mayan underworld. This cave tubing adventure is done several places in Belize, including at the Caves Branch Archaeological Reserve. Visitors can experience a journey of a lifetime into a dark but mysterious place and learn about the Mayas who utilized these caves from as early as 300 A.D. The Mayas who occupied Belize thousands of years ago, considered these caves as Sacred. The Mayas only visited these caves periodically to conduct important rituals.
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Full day of culture and adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

My family of three were treated to a private tour of Belize that included pick up at our resort north of San Pedro, air to Belize City, a full day of touring, and reverse transportation to our resort. I had initially booked the tour for a Wednesday, but Jovan contacted me to let me know that it is the busiest cruise ship day and told me that we would have a better experience on a different day--great advice as the crowds were at a minimum the following day.

Our trip started in Belize city with a light breakfast and a stop at a convenience store for gas and drinks. We drove across most of Belize to the ruins at Xunantunich were we had a local guide who met us to explore the site. We then started back toward the coast, stopping at a local restaurant where we had a traditional Belizean Sunday dinner of stewed chicken, red beans and rice, plantains, and salad--Yum! Our afternoon activity was cave rafting. Jovan was right about the crowds and we never saw another group while we were on the river. Our guide was helpful and knowledgeable, explaining the flora and fauna as we hiked to the start of the cave. I would really recommend this option as you have great control over your boat when you can paddle as opposed to just floating down the river.

We returned to the airport and got our return flight to San Pedro without a hitch. I would recommend Belize Jungle Trek to my friends. A note to those who had trouble with charges. We paid in cash at the start of the tour and this eliminated any problem regarding charges.

Visited April 2014

Austin, Texas
“Horrible! They didn't pick us up and kept our money!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I don't know how this place has all good reviews. My husband and I booked the cave tubing and zip lining tour.

Our boat was scheduled to dock at 8am and they told us to be first off the boat. The boat got there a little early. We took a tender and were on shore by 8:30. When we got to shore they were not there to pick us up. We tried calling multiple times and left several voicemails while in port. Several other companies tried calling as well. We even found the guy is charge of all the excursion companies at the port and he tried calling multiple times.. no answer. We were stranded there with no excursion and on our honeymoon. Luckily we found another company that made room for us.

I've been trying to contact Belize Jungle Trek tours since January for a refund since I prepaid $95. They will not email me back or refund my money. I will now be disputing this charge with my credit card company. It's sad that it's come to this.

I would never recommend or use this company again. Do yourself a favor and find another place.

Visited December 2013
belizejungletrek, Manager at Belize Jungle Trek, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
After checking our records from last year June I came across your itinerary for the tour. You told us your ship would be in port on a certain date and it changed to the following day. This is a common practice by the cruise line to change itinerary. We were outside the day your ship was schedule and found out that morning your ship had changed itinerary. We tried to find out which other day your will dock in Belize but failed. The following day we where out at the tourism village again awaiting others from the ships in port that day. We found out that your ship was in and waited until we gathered our bookings for that day and still had an eye out for you and other who were from your ship. We had to leave so I had one of my guides stay behind holding up a sign with your names. He left after a while and we then subcontracted the tour to another company who apparently took you instead. You were never charged by the other company, I had to pay for you to do the tour since you paid me half already, so this is a surprise to know you want a refund and want to get a free tour since you went with someone else. From time to time we get people who ask for full refunds due to small issues, so this is not the first. You did get back your refund after threatening me for from last year. So you got your free tour... We still however thank you for visiting Belize and would always welcome you again to my country and even to tour with us.
This review is rather a sore but will help us get back on track and stay on top of things regarding payments. For this and other reasons we now only accept cash for tours. Ship cancel sometimes or change itinerary, so we had to find a solution this. Once again thanks and God Bless.

jovan
Westerville, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
“Flying Through the Rain Forest and Rafting with the Mayan Gods”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

This was an awesome tour from beginning to end. The planning was easy with regular communication with Jovan. We got picked up by boat at the dock of the house we were staying at in San Pedro around 7:30 a.m. and dropped off at the San Pedro airport where we took a short plane ride (15 mins) to Belize City. Our guide Rick met us there and took us on a 45 min minivan ride to the Mayan Mountains where our fun adventure began.

We started with the zipline tour where the guides (Hector and Jesus?) were focused on both our safety and ensuring we had fun. The course consisted of 8 runs, 2 of which crossed the river which was very cool. We saw a Howler monkey up in the tree tops with us on one of the runs. It was a great course overall with a lot of variety. There were 3 uphill hikes to platforms that were moderately strenuous which provided a little exercise. Other than that, gravity did the rest of the work.

After ziplining we had a very good buffet lunch consisting of fresh fruit, lots of salad options, rice and beans and Belizean-style BBQ chicken with fresh juice to drink. From there, we began our rafting trip through the Mayan caves. It started with a hike of approx. 2 miles with a very gentle terrain. The hike was broken up by walking into a cave and having Rick point out and explain a lot of the local trees and vegetation. We even ate a few nuts and termites (optional of course) just like the Mayans did. We then started the rafting trip which consisted of an initial small cave and then was followed by a much larger, longer cave with awesome rock formations along the way. The current was slow to moderate but the experience of replicating the journey of the Mayans from thousands of years ago and being in dark caves with just our head lamps and the Mayan Gods was pretty awesome!

After reversing our logistics, we were back at our house in San Pedro by 5:30 that evening. The Jungle Trek was definitely a great complement to all of the ocean adventures available in San Pedro. A lot of fun, laughs, learning and a bit of exercise.

Visited January 2014
Miami, Florida
21 attraction reviews
“Long Day”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Jovan was whom I communicated with for the tour but did not see him for the tour. He sent someone else instead. Snacks and drinks were supposed to be provided but we would have had to stop at quick marts to have something and we were running out of time. The Mayan ruin tour we were supposed to go on was changed to a smaller ruin. It would have been nice to have been asked if we wanted to continue with a ruins tour or change to something else. Apparently the ruins tour we wanted have not been available for awhile due to the flooding so we could have changed the tour. I was also expecting rum punch as part of the deal but instead ended up buying my own rum drink at the cave tubing. Our guide was very knowledgeable of the area but it was too much driving for one day. I noticed at the airport that other tours met their guests and had breakfast and juice for them. We got to the airport and had to wait on our ride and on the return trip our boat back to the hotel was not there. After a twelve hour day it was very frustrating. If you choose Jungle Trek try and be very clear on what you are getting.

Visited December 2013
belizejungletrek, Manager at Belize Jungle Trek, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thanks for visiting Belize and touring with us here at Belize Jungle Trek. We really appreciate your time for leaving a review for us. Your review will help us find where we need to improve on our services and can only make us better.
On a quick note however, you must realize that our company is yet small but we do have different tours going out everyday. All our guides are license and have been with me since I started. There is only one Jovan, so I can't be on all tours, I need help from my fellow tour guides. It's very nice to know that you wanted me to be your guide that day. We always provide breakfast and cooler with beers, sodas and water for our tours. Sometimes our guests have breakfast before and don't want any on the tour, some others wants coffee and some wants orange juice. We really make it our business to find what their preference are in any case. Also our cooler never have rum punch. We do provide on requests but it's never something we offer. Our pick up and drop off to and from your resort is included but sometimes on the way back after the tour, some guests would like to stay down town and have dinner or just for the night life in San Pedro. In this case we ask that you find your own way back to your resort. This make it easier for our boat captain not having wait on you for hours to take you back, this way he keeps his schedule.
You fail to mention you had breakfast that morning and didn't want from us. The ruins are near the Guatemala border as stated on our website with all the details on what to expect (time and distance). Than again, you did get dropped off at your resort even after changing your mind from staying down town. You had to wait no more than ten minute at the airport before I arrange another boat to take you back. I must say that we still do appologize and this review will surely be an eye opener and will in fact help us to be better. Thanks again and God Bless.
Canada
28 attraction reviews
“Mixed feelings about our tour...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I booked with Jungle Trek on Trip Advisor. We spent December 25th there, and had book the cave tubing only. We are a family of 6 – kids 10, 14, 17 and 3 adults. We were picked up at the Port and made a quick stop for whatever beverages we wanted (Jovan bought us all water) at a local gaz station before driving out to the cave tubing. Jovan was kind and gave us a lot of information as we drove to the caves (the drive is an hour). Once there; It is a little bit of a trek (30 minutes) but especially when wearing “water shoes” it can be tricky. Do wear bug spray… we forgot and still have marks days later! Jovan took the time to show us the plants and trees – it was really interesting. The experience through the cave is truly magical; the water was “refreshing” and when the sun peaked, it was heavenly. That being said, the whole experience is over within an hour. So 2 hours driving for an hour of tubing seems somewhat short (we regretted not doing the zip lining)… The way back was somewhat awkward – Jovan’s girlfriend was loud and spoke creole – which killed the mood in the van. Overall, we should have combined the cave with something else. We were left somewhat unsatisfied by the tour – it “lacked” something ...