Our room at Sueno Del Mar was everything we could hope for and more. It was clean, spacious and well equipped. The pool was lovely, but the water quite chilly. We spend lots of time pool sided and were thankful that the resort was not busy because we were able to find lounge chairs. Although the hotel boasts many amenities, the supply of lounge chairs around the pool is minimal and there are no loungers on the beach. We were disappointed that the beach was not swimmable because it's very shallow and grassy. That said, it wasn't really a big deal, as we opted to enjoy the ocean via the kayaks and hobie cat which are available for guests to use free of charge.
The staff at Sueno Del Mar were really great and they made every effort to ensure that our stay was as enjoyable as possible.
The grounds are well manicured but one thing I found irritating was the smell of the insecticide that was sprayed on the paths almost every day, aside from that we found the facilities quite lovely.
We thought there was a grocery store on site, but there wasn't so we were glad that we shopped for groceries in San Pedro before we headed to the resort. I believe the kitchen will provide what you're looking for if they have it in stock otherwise someone can pick it up for you during the next trip to town. The front desk carries a number of toiletries and necessities.
Remember to bring bug spray and sunscreen :) The weather was perfect!
- Also Known As:
- Sueno Del Mar Hotel
- Sueno Del Mar Hotel San Pedro
- Sueno Del Mar Belize/San Pedro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to La Isla Bonita, known as the Island of San Pedro Ambergris Caye! It is the largest island in the Beautiful Country of Belize and home of the largest Barrier Reef in the Western Hemisphere. Sueno del Mar opened its doors in 2005 and represents the best that San Pedro has to offer. Walter, our taxi driver will pick you up at the San Pedro Airport and take you to Fido’s dock (pronounced Fee-doe-z), a local’s favorite Bar and Grill and great place to prepare for your scenic Caribbean boat ride to your home in paradise. Our Concierge staff will greet you at the resort’s dock and walk you through the spacious complex to your villa. Groceries, soft drinks and alcohol can be pre-ordered and in your villa upon your arrival at - info at suenobelize dot com. Due to our proximity to the reef; snorkeling, fishing, kayaking and Hobie cat sailing are activities you can experience right out your front door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Venere, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Sueno del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.