Just returned home after a week at Sueno del Mar. The location of the resort is superb. The rooms were perfect - clean and comfortable. Most importantly, every staff member we encountered during our stay was friendly and helpful.
On arrival at the resort we were greeted on the dock with a welcome drink. During our stay we swam, fished and snorkelled from the dock and took the hotel kayaks out to the reef. The staff were extremely attentive to our needs - providing bait for us to fish, ensuring we were comfortable with equipment etc. - nothing seemed too much trouble.
The resort offers a number of day and half-day trips. We took one to Hol Chan and Shark Ray Alley where we swam with turtles, rays and sharks. It was an amazing day.
Many reviewers have commented on the location and it is true that the resort is located a little distance from San Pedro (approximately 30 min by boat). However, transport into San Pedro was never a problem for us and we enjoyed being a distance away from the town. We took advantage of the scheduled boat services from the hotel, (as they meet arrivals and drop off departing guests), to get free rides into town.
Guests have also commented on the Wifi service and whilst it is a weak signal, we were easily able to connect from numerous areas of the resort including our room.
I would highly recommend Sueno del Mar - the location is amazing and the staff ensure that your stay is memorable.
- Also Known As:
- Sueno Del Mar Hotel
- Sueno Del Mar Hotel San Pedro
- Sueno Del Mar Belize/San Pedro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to La Isla Bonita, known as the Island of San Pedro Ambergris Caye! It is the largest island in the Beautiful Country of Belize and home of the largest Barrier Reef in the Western Hemisphere. Sueno del Mar opened its doors in 2005 and represents the best that San Pedro has to offer. Walter, our taxi driver will pick you up at the San Pedro Airport and take you to Fido’s dock (pronounced Fee-doe-z), a local’s favorite Bar and Grill and great place to prepare for your scenic Caribbean boat ride to your home in paradise. Our Concierge staff will greet you at the resort’s dock and walk you through the spacious complex to your villa. Groceries, soft drinks and alcohol can be pre-ordered and in your villa upon your arrival at - info at suenobelize dot com. Due to our proximity to the reef; snorkeling, fishing, kayaking and Hobie cat sailing are activities you can experience right out your front door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Venere, Tingo, Expedia and HotelsClick so you can book your Sueno del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.