Sueno del Mar is set on the beautiful Caribbean within site of the fabulous Belize barrier reef and just south of the Bacalo Chico Marine Reserve. Great snorkeling, fishing, and boating. The grounds are beautiful and immaculate, and the condos very nice and clean. The staff is the best, including Carlos, Jose I and Jose II, Harrison, and Mark the manager, among many others. The staff will show you how to snorkel, sail, fish, and hunt for conch and lobster. They will clean your catch and the restaurant staff will prepare it for you. The complex has 24 hour security and is very safe. There are numerous excursions that you can arrange directly at Sueno which can be led by the staff or others to take you inland to distant locations like Lamanai where you can see Mayan ruins. All of the many trips are worth it and highly recommended.
As indicated in other comments, Sueno is not close to the hub-bub of San Pedro. This has many advantages, but does make it more difficult to shop or eat at various different restaurants if that is your emphasis. Nature, the beauty of the Belize barrier reef, and great people are what Sueno is all about. And yes, there are bugs at various times. But all wild and undeveloped locations have some.
- Also Known As:
- Sueno Del Mar Hotel San Pedro
- Sueno Del Mar Hotel
- Sueno Del Mar Belize/San Pedro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to La Isla Bonita, known as the Island of San Pedro Ambergris Caye! It is the largest island in the Beautiful Country of Belize and home of the largest Barrier Reef in the Western Hemisphere. Sueno del Mar opened its doors in 2005 and represents the best that San Pedro has to offer. Walter, our taxi driver will pick you up at the San Pedro Airport and take you to Fido’s dock (pronounced Fee-doe-z), a local’s favorite Bar and Grill and great place to prepare for your scenic Caribbean boat ride to your home in paradise. Our Concierge staff will greet you at the resort’s dock and walk you through the spacious complex to your villa. Groceries, soft drinks and alcohol can be pre-ordered and in your villa upon your arrival at - info at suenobelize dot com. Due to our proximity to the reef; snorkeling, fishing, kayaking and Hobie cat sailing are activities you can experience right out your front door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Sueno del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.